Why become a member? ×

SOLD FS Levinson Blade b4 Jazz bass SOLD

Davetbass

For sale a Levinson Blade b4 in violet burst. It looks black in most lights but the violet shows in natural light. Active with tunable high/low/mid trim pots for the tone circuit and 2 levels. It's had the frets levelled and set up with ernie ball standard guage strings. The front of the bass is in great condition for it's age (1991) but the back has damage to the finish by a previous owner who has sanded it (see pic). Bought this for a band that never got going and it's gathering dust now. It's not light (about 14lbs) but it plays well and sounds how you'd expect a super jazz to sound.

SOLD+ postage (Less than what I paid on here)

Thanks for looking...

Original sales thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81535"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81535[/url]

[attachment=67159:Levinson_Blade_001.jpg] [attachment=67278:IMG_0056.JPG]
[attachment=67160:Levinson_Blade_003.jpg] [attachment=67279:IMG_0055.jpg]
[attachment=67277:IMG_0057.JPG] [attachment=67280:IMG_0053.jpg]
[attachment=67724:post_137...23_thumb.jpg]

Edit: For new price

Edited by Davetbass

[quote name='zbigniew' post='1070928' date='Dec 28 2010, 01:22 PM']Veery pretty :)

I have one like it but white, I can vouch for the great sound those make and also that they're a bit heavy :)

The neck is also sublime and the ebony fingerboard of good quality.

z[/quote]

Are you sure it's white and not just snow and ice? :lol:

Bump for edit... 4 or 5 string trades for the Blade.

Ta

Dave

[quote name='Davetbass' post='1070050' date='Dec 27 2010, 12:31 PM']For trade a Levenson Blade b4 in violet burst. It looks black in most lights but the violet shows in natural light. Active with tunable trim pots for the tone circuit it's had the frets levelled and set up with ernie balls. The front of the bass is in great condition for it's age (1991) but the back has damage to the finish by a previous owner. Never bothered me but I've tidied it up with some black sticky back plastic anyway. Bought this for a band that never got going and it's gathering dust now. At 14lbs it's no lightweight but sounds amazing if your back can cope with it. Most "real" men can play these with no problems and probably also own lead lined Musicman Stingrays anyway :)

Tradewise I'd like a good quality 4 or 5 string. Active with a maple fretboard prefferably but not essentially :) Can add cash your way for the right bass.

Thanks for looking...

[attachment=67159:Levinson_Blade_001.jpg] [attachment=67278:IMG_0056.JPG]
[attachment=67160:Levinson_Blade_003.jpg] [attachment=67279:IMG_0055.jpg]
[attachment=67277:IMG_0057.JPG] [attachment=67280:IMG_0053.jpg]

Edit: For new pics[/quote]

Whats the board on the Blade - is it Rosewood, Ebony etc?

Garry

2 things...

1) Blades from this era are great basses. Necks very playable and excellent tone.

2) Dave has the best set up basses of all time, period!

...............................Ok ok, I bought a bass off Dave a while back and [b]that[/b] was the best set up bass I ever played. :)

John

[quote name='rumour6' post='1074070' date='Dec 31 2010, 11:29 PM']Hi there, if this is the one that came from 'The Beeps' I've played it and it's a dream... was thinking of it at the time as I'd had one in the early 90's and loved it then... IMHO these are way ahead of the newer ones. Good luck.

Andy[/quote]
Hi Andy.How are things.Yep that's the one

Edited by thebeeps