Why become a member? ×

PRICE REDUCTION(OW 5 sold)two overwaters and a benevente for sale..With new youtube action! Benevente reduced £795!!!!!Overwater 4 now £850!!New pics

devinebass

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='devinebass' post='287537' date='Sep 19 2008, 06:05 PM']Hey guys, sorry for the delay on the pics of the overwater...i've been abroad with no internet....doh! I'll get them up tomorrow. To answer ya question about which progress it is.... i'm not really sure. I'll give chris a bell up at overwater and find out for ya.
cheers.
Scott.[/quote]

Don't know about anybody else but isn't there meant to be an overwater 4 string fretless with a purpleheart top for sale (since january)...how come no price and no pics...I don't really "get it"

Yeah its a great bass. Its got real jazz bass like qualities to the sound because of the pickup configeration but also a modern edge as well because its got active electronics and is also neck through in its construction. As far as the 'single cut' effecting the sound....i've owned a couple of single cuts and they both seemed to be very even as far as the resonance of the bass was concerned. I wouldn't say they had a different tonality....as in i would be real impressed if i recorded with this bass and a listener could tell the difference. But they both had a certain amount of controlled resonance which made the fundamental of the note very clear. I expect its due to a larger proportion of the body being connected to the neck thus resonating slightly different to a average neck through or bolt on.
Hope this answered your question.
Any more, feel free to mail me.
Take it easy.
Scott.