Why become a member? ×

Anthony Pelosi Custom 5 = Sold Now

eubassix

Pelosi 5 string bass, handbuilt by Anthony Pelosi (Brooklyn, NY). Unique bass which features: a Bubinga top over an Alder core with a Monkey-Pod back and Wenge centre-block; bound Kingwood fretboard with turquoise/shell dot-markers on a five-piece, 24-fret, bolt-on Maple/Wenge neck. Single coil pickups housed in Cocobolo covers, Gotoh tuners, ABM bridge, active preamp with bass + treble boost, 3-position pickup selector switch. It comes with a hard shell case. Beautiful handmade bass with an excellent tone. Super-light for a 5 at only 7.8lbs. Scale is 34.5”, nut: 1.75”, fret-24: 3.875”, string-spacings: 9mm(nut), 15mm(f24), 18mm(bridge).
I’m selling-off most of my 4’s (save a couple of specials/favourites), and a ‘6, but some aren’t shifting so need to reduce my 5’s as well. This is an excellent bass but I don’t like/play is as much as others . Were I to keep it, I would probably change the simple/switch set-up for a more comprehensive 3EQ/pan (replacing the switch and either adding another pot – there is space in the cavity – or using a stacked system) .....but it’s fine as is with the B+T+3-way.
Anthony’s bass’ design is unique and will, I’m sure, be viewed as something of a ‘marmite-bass’. Ironically, it’s a bit reminiscent (to me, anyway) of the Waja Telios listed here a while back (about which I made some remark...). But it’s high-quality (build and components) and possibly the lightest high-end 5 I’ve played.
On-Hold/Pending.... and SOLD

Edited by eubassix

Bump/Update: I now have a decent/interesting trade/££ offer pending on this bass.
Would prefer to sell for cash, but will be making a final decision on this by 10/11th. ... so this w/end is effectively a deadline

10th: on-hold/pending ... and (now) SOLD !!

Edited by eubassix