Why become a member? ×

LOUD 4x10 cab in London.

dangerboy

I've decided to sell my LOUD cab, and I'm hoping that some Bassworld veterans will remind me of the exact spec. It's got 4 Eminence speakers and a horn in it and is in lovely condition - the carpet is unmarked and there's just a little scratch on the metal grille. It's unported. Definitely 8ohm, and if my memory serves me correctly it's 1200W (help me out on this one...).

These cabs were made in Ireland (I think) and are fantastic for the money. There was a problem late on where the guys making them stole quite a lot of money from people on the old BW. I bought this from a BW member, and I think I'm the third owner, all from BW.

I was thinking £150. Only been gigged a couple of times and always treated well. It lives in North London, near the A1 and North Circular for easy pick-up.

Pics now up - as you can see the carpet is immaculate. There's a little scratch to the paint on the back panel, and a completely unnoticeable one on the grille. The back, top, sides and base of the cab are nice thick plywood, and the front is MDF.[attachment=5002:cab2.jpg][attachment=5003:cab3.jpg][attachment=5004:c
ab4.jpg]

Edited by dangerboy

[quote name='dangerboy' post='121587' date='Jan 16 2008, 04:53 PM']I've decided to sell my LOUD cab, and I'm hoping that some Bassworld veterans will remind me of the exact spec. It's got 4 Eminence speakers and a horn in it and is in lovely condition - the carpet is unmarked and there's just a little scratch on the metal grille. It's unported. Definitely 8ohm, and if my memory serves me correctly it's 1200W (help me out on this one...).

These cabs were made in Ireland (I think) and are fantastic for the money. There was a problem late on where the guys making them stole quite a lot of money from people on the old BW. I bought this from a BW member, and I think I'm the third owner, all from BW.

Pictures to follow to show off the great condition. I was thinking £150. Only been gigged a couple of times and always treated well.[/quote]

Your description is pretty sound - I have a similiar cab, though mine is 4 ohms. Definitely Eminence 300 watt drivers/total 1200 watts plus a (not great) horn.
Mine still sounds fantastic, and is reasonably light too!
Good luck with your sale,cheers
Pete.

Don't remind me about those, I'm one of those people who got his money fleeced! A guy I got in touch with offsite bought something like £15,000 worth of PA gear from him that never showed up.

One of the excuses was 'I have cancer so can't make them', well I hope he's f*cking dead.

Anyway, your decription sounds fine from what I remember........I never did fully believe the 1200 watt rating though?

Edited by Waldo

Im one of the ones that got shafted by the little f**ker. I'd bought a 4x10 and it was quite a good cab. Supposed to be 4ohm although when I measured it I found it to be 8ohm. 1200 watts sounds about right. My 2x12 cab never turned up!!!!!

[quote name='dangerboy' post='121587' date='Jan 16 2008, 04:53 PM']I've decided to sell my LOUD cab, and I'm hoping that some Bassworld veterans will remind me of the exact spec. It's got 4 Eminence speakers and a horn in it and is in lovely condition - the carpet is unmarked and there's just a little scratch on the metal grille. It's unported. Definitely 8ohm, and if my memory serves me correctly it's 1200W (help me out on this one...).

These cabs were made in Ireland (I think) and are fantastic for the money. There was a problem late on where the guys making them stole quite a lot of money from people on the old BW. I bought this from a BW member, and I think I'm the third owner, all from BW.[/quote]

Yep its 8 ohm 1200 Watts RMS.

I bought this new and then sold it to Steve. I gigged it a few times but treated it with kid gloves. Good sound, nice and lightweight with heavy duty handles that make it easy to move. Infact I only sold this to buy 2 2x10s of the same brand so there you go..

Great price too!

[quote name='dr.funk' post='122860' date='Jan 18 2008, 02:01 PM']Yep its 8 ohm 1200 Watts RMS.

I bought this new and then sold it to Steve. I gigged it a few times but treated it with kid gloves. Good sound, nice and lightweight with heavy duty handles that make it easy to move. Infact I only sold this to buy 2 2x10s of the same brand so there you go..

Great price too![/quote]

Hi! I was wondering what your new username was. Don't worry - I looked after your baby for you. So there we go, I was the 2nd owner, and this cab has been safe in BC hands for its whole life.

theosd - 40cm. Height is 63cm, width is 58cm

• 2 weeks later...