Why become a member? ×

Have we been introduced?

Felix Papalardi

I've only joined this group to see what it's like.......I don't personally have a problem, I've come for my freind, I just.... well lets get it over with.........My name is Felix and I, erm..... play the Bass!
For me, music stopped being intersting around 1979, my faves include (and this is not an exhaustive list) ELP, Greenslade, Stray, Tangerine Dream, the Nice, Motorhead, Hawkwind, Caravan, early Scorpions, Mountain......you get the picture, right?! Anyway, I play Bass with some other aging hippies/Has beens & never weres who have realised that we're all to long in the tooth to become the next big thing, and if they didn't want us then, what the hell would they do with us now?! My equipment is very basic, I have a 1976 Fender Precision (tobacco sunburst) which I bought new and my amplification comes via a Torque Acoustics T100K head (technically a keybard/PA amp but it works real well) my cabs are 2 x 1976 SAXON system 7000's (anyone ever heard of them?) each loaded with 2 x 50w Goodmans Audiom 12-P (8ohm) speakers.
I'm looking forward to long indepth discusions with high brow, intelectual content...........but if none of you can manage that, I'll settle for a jaw about music and gear (musical gear that is! LOL!)
Anyway, keep an ear out for me, se y'all around.
Felix.

Hello again everyone and thanks for the greetings.
Mick, and everyone else, my 'band' are a loose gathering of pretty switched on, tuned in and dropped right out guys who would laugh at the term band, we play purely for our own pleasure and although most of us have been playing for years, theres nothng fancy to see or hear , here. As for pictures and websites...........man alive! I've only just got to grips with this chatting thing, I'm far more at home with spanners and old motorbikes than computers, I don't have a camera that you can plug in, mine still has a film to be processed at Boots. As for the handle, it's not my given name but I use the alias as a mark of respect to the most wonderful musician ever to have been killed (Shot) by his wife. FP was the bass player with amonst others, Mountain, probably the finest rock outfit ever to have lived.
Anyway, I'm off for a wander in the garden, Its been snowing here, very pretty.
Felix

Edited by Felix Papalardi