Why become a member? ×

an octiveriser, like the ehx thingy

crumpet_tramp

I've just bought the EHX Micro-POG and it kicks the proverbial ass. I have a boss OC-3 which I barely used because I thought it was muddy sounding, no matter how much I messed about with it (sounds fine with a g****r tho!). The Micro-POG I see myself using a lot more! It's straight forward enough, with a knob each for sub-octave, dry signal and octave up. It tracks very well and using the octave up it really chimes! Not exactly cheap at £115 but not too expensive and worth it IMHO...

Edited by CaptainBass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='123193' date='Jan 18 2008, 11:21 PM']for octave down, what would people recommend, boss oc-2 or micro pog?? im guessing an old dod octoplus would beat them both?[/quote]

I like the EHX Octave Multiplexer. :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='123193' date='Jan 18 2008, 11:21 PM']for octave down, what would people recommend, boss oc-2 or micro pog?? im guessing an old dod octoplus would beat them both?[/quote]

The OC2 is great, and has a classic sound, but the Micropog does track better and seems to happily track down to low E and possibly beyond ( it doesn't sound like it's struggling but my speakers don't reproduce that low too well )

Cheers
Alun

• 5 weeks later...

Hi
I think Rocktron and digitech( bass synth wah) do em with an octave up as well( DONT QUOTE ME THOUGH ON THE DIGITECH)
Cheers-LEE

hi there, does anyone know of an octiver that does an octive up as well as an octive down. I think the electro-harmonix one is called the pod, but do not quote me on that!

please give any sugestions!

and do say whether i'm being a complete idiot and making something up!
[/quote]

Edited by lee650