Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 Sunburst/Maple With case

FlatEric

[quote name='kingforaday' post='1065459' date='Dec 21 2010, 10:40 AM']you're a brave man getting rid of these mr flateric sir, i've been trying to list my white/maple one for ages but i just can't bring myself to do it! still i guess with your collection this doesn't exactly leave you light on T40's does it!

good luck with the sale![/quote]

Hi. :)
As you know, I have ended up with enough to form an Orchestra but every time I think enough is enough,
I yank one out of the case, almost like a Captain choosing a man for a dangerous mission, plug it in and . . . . .
OK, you can stay.
[i]You[/i] obviously have the same problem! :lol:
Hang on to it, you know you [i]neeed[/i] two!! :)

Edited by FlatEric

[quote name='basslondon' post='1066550' date='Dec 22 2010, 10:46 AM']Hi

Any idea on the weight of this gorgeous animal? It looks rather solid to me and that unfortunately usually means weight...

Cheers[/quote]

Hi. :)

To be honest, I have quite a few heavy basses and I don't usually bother weighing them.
Forty's are heavier than a lot of basses but not the heaviest.
I'll throw it on the scales.

Cheers. :)

[quote name='Smash' post='1066872' date='Dec 22 2010, 03:27 PM']Hmm this is the best looking T-40 I have seen, never tried one but what is the action like on this... trying not to be tempted.[/quote]

Hi. :lol:

Be Tempted in a T-40!!
All of my Forty's are set at 2.5mm at the 12th, or less.
I have two at 2.2mm - no buzzing - they are a dream to set up.

Ask Tom, who bought "Old Red" (see one of the posts above) I'm sure he would confirm.

Cheers. :D

[quote name='tom1946' post='1067171' date='Dec 22 2010, 08:18 PM']I do confirm, Old Red has a very good low action. Mine's a stayer and I want this SB too but t'awd bugger won't sell me it :)[/quote]

Tom. :D

Didn't actually say [i]that[/i]. . . . :lol:

You can have the old fella but I am fully "P'd" up and not in need of another. :)

When you have moved on your very nice "P". . . . . .[i]come back to me[/i] :lol:

Cheers. :P

[quote name='FlatEric' post='1068498' date='Dec 24 2010, 09:42 AM'][size=3]Subject to sorting everything out, it looks like this Forty
will soon be living in France![/size] :lol:

T- Quarante. . . . Mmmm, has a certain ring to it! :)

Cheers. :D[/quote]

:) This christmas day begins very well ! :P