Why become a member? ×

Aguilar GS112 & GS112NT - FT only

molan

I'm a recent convert to the 'Aguilar sound' having picked up a DB750 head which I really like.

I'm currently using a pair of GS112's with it but would really like to try the DB112's instead as I think they will suit the kind of sound I'm after from the head.

So I just wondered if there might be anyone out there who fancied the reverse situation and might want to swap!

I think the DB's come in a little more expensive than the GS series so I'd obviously be happy to make up the difference in value.

Could be up for just trading one of the GS's if someone has a single DB they want to trade - not fussed which of the GS's (one has the variable tweeter the other doesn't).

Both GS cabs are in pretty much perfect condition :)

It is something I might do in the new year... trade/swap the GS for the BD..but I have to say the sounds I can get with my rig is
my best ever by a country mile so am in no hurry.
In fact, I think I'll probably run both for a while and see which stack wins out.. I think it is just likely to be that little preference.

This little thing called gas... recomend the cabs in an instant.

If weight wasn't the issue, I would definitely go for a 750 as well...might even do that anyway..:) :)
I would like to see an Aguilar DB amp around 500-550watts and 20 or so lbs...
I don't think the AG would be better than my beloved SM400 but a DB550... love the thought of that

[quote name='JTUK' post='1057696' date='Dec 13 2010, 07:26 PM']It is something I might do in the new year... trade/swap the GS for the BD..but I have to say the sounds I can get with my rig is
my best ever by a country mile so am in no hurry.
In fact, I think I'll probably run both for a while and see which stack wins out.. I think it is just likely to be that little preference.

This little thing called gas... recomend the cabs in an instant.

If weight wasn't the issue, I would definitely go for a 750 as well...might even do that anyway..:) :)
I don't think the AG would be better than my beloved SM400 but a DB550... love the thought of that[/quote]
Sorry for going off topic Molan, but Aggie have announced a Tonehammer 500 Watt micro amp. Very lightweight!

Not sure I'd prefer that over the TH pedal, but the quality will be very high.

Bump for these great cabs!

[quote name='JTUK' post='1057696' date='Dec 13 2010, 07:26 PM']If weight wasn't the issue, I would definitely go for a 750 as well...might even do that anyway..:) :)
I don't think the AG would be better than my beloved SM400 but a DB550... love the thought of that[/quote]

Totally agree on this one - the DB750 is a weighty beast. I'd love to see a slimmed down version but I have a feeling that the weight and the tone are a direct factor of each other somewhere :lol:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1057780' date='Dec 13 2010, 08:33 PM']Sorry for going off topic Molan, but Aggie have announced a Tonehammer 500 Watt micro amp. Very lightweight!

Not sure I'd prefer that over the TH pedal, but the quality will be very high.

Bump for these great cabs![/quote]

Cool - I hadn't seen that. I thought there was probably a head coming out when they announced the lighter weight cabs. Could be a great little light weight combination.