Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Yamaha TRB5P Mk1 *SOLD*

Gwilym

Bought by me from Bassmanady a few months back for the awesome price on £500, I'm looking to recoup my money.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102569"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102569[/url]

It comes in the original hardshell case. Both bass and case in very good condition.

I bought this with every intention of keeping it, but something has come up I'd like to buy, and should really sell something to help fund it.

Awesome bass, I've cleaned it up, oiled the f/b, set it up to my liking.

Local pickup preferred, but bear in mind that Christmas is coming and time is short. If anyone is interested in this and are in North/South Wales, collection would also be possible from the Llanelli area down south or Menai Bridge/Bangor in the north. But I'm only hauling it around over the holidays for a confirmed sale, and I'll want a deposit to deter any tyre-kicking ;0)

It's a killer bass, and at this money you won't find better IMO.

Cheers
G

Edited by Gwilym

[quote name='lee650' post='1054666' date='Dec 11 2010, 06:48 AM']was mulling over this all day , shouldve just gone for it :)[/quote]

Quick note to say a deal is pending on this with the person who pm'd me first.

Will respond to all other pm's later on, once I get to my computer.

A bit of provenance on this. I bought it about two years ago from Chaz Chandler in Kingston. It had been owned by a guitarist and was pretty filthy as a result. Cleaned it up, new strings, etc. Fabulous bass, and the piezos work perfectly. There's not much between this and a lot of Overwaters I've played tbh, and the craftsmanship on the through neck is a joy to behold. I traded it with Ady for a US Jazz 5, but still miss this bass a bit...

The pickups are lovely - classic P tones from the front, and the jazz pickup is sweet as a nut. The B is firm and punchy. Someone buy this before nostalgia takes over.

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='1055142' date='Dec 11 2010, 05:14 PM']A bit of provenance on this. I bought it about two years ago from Chaz Chandler in Kingston. It had been owned by a guitarist and was pretty filthy as a result. Cleaned it up, new strings, etc. Fabulous bass, and the piezos work perfectly. There's not much between this and a lot of Overwaters I've played tbh, and the craftsmanship on the through neck is a joy to behold. I traded it with Ady for a US Jazz 5, but still miss this bass a bit...

The pickups are lovely - classic P tones from the front, and the jazz pickup is sweet as a nut. The B is firm and punchy. Someone buy this before nostalgia takes over.[/quote]

Sent a PM as soon as I saw this.. assuming I am not the first bidder. dam shame as I really really really want one of these :)