Why become a member? ×

Neck plates

skej21

I was trying to find a new 4 hole neck plate for a jazz bass and stumbled across this.

[url="http://www.bestguitarparts.com/guitar-part/24/Neck_Plate_4_Hole_for_Guitar_or_Bass.htm"]http://www.bestguitarparts.com/guitar-part...tar_or_Bass.htm[/url]

I was wondering, is there a size difference between the neck plate for a jazz bass and the neckplate for a stratocaster/telecaster?

That website says "4 hole neck plate for guitar and bass", implying that they both use the same size neck plate. Is that true?

It's probably a stupid question but I'd quite like to know and I can't find the dimensions for them anywhere!

Help please, fellow bass chatters.

Edited by skej21

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1047803' date='Dec 4 2010, 09:48 PM']It should be fine. The dimensions are specified on the image in your link.[/quote]

Yeah, but the dimensions specified only state what THEY think a guitar and bass 4 hole neck plate size is, and I don't have a guitar neck plate to measure and confirm that it's correct.

Thanks for your help though!

[quote name='skej21' post='1047806' date='Dec 4 2010, 09:52 PM']Yeah, but the dimensions specified only state what THEY think a guitar and bass 4 hole neck plate size is, and I don't have a guitar neck plate to measure and confirm that it's correct.

Thanks for your help though![/quote]
It's the dimensions of what they're going to send you. You can compare the screw postions to that of your '57 Classic Series Fender Precision, no?

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1047821' date='Dec 4 2010, 10:18 PM']It's the dimensions of what they're going to send you. You can compare the screw postions to that of your '57 Classic Series Fender Precision, no?[/quote]

Yeah, good plan. It's actually for a new project I'm working on, and I spotted a tele/stratocaster neck plate which was what I wanted, but it was MUCH cheaper than the same thing that was marketed for jazz/tele/p bass. Just wondered if the price difference was due to the fact it wouldn't fit a bass.

Having measured, it should fit, so I'm going for it!