Why become a member? ×

Some studio recordings & videos of me

Sibob

So we decided to do some studio recordings and 'music videos' of our covers band, we've been chocka busy for the last 5 years based on word of mouth....and not much has changed, but it can't hurt to have these things to hand.....and its fun! :)

1) Superstition (+intro) - Definitly my fave
2) Hard Days Night - Yes it's meant to be that silly and camp :)
3) This Love - Bit 'serious' for my liking, but hey, I really like the recording

All of the recordings are my 2003 US Jazz Standard into my Ashdown EVOII500 & Mini 4x8, Mic'd up.
Superstition video is my 1973 Jazz
Hard Days Night video is a friends 1979 Ric
This Love video is a Highway Precision bass on long-term loan to me

Cheers
Si

[quote name='MythSte' post='1037625' date='Nov 26 2010, 12:02 PM']Really enjoyed that Si! Your getting a great tone out of that jazz. With the intro medly did you change any settings throughout or was it all just technique changes?[/quote]
Yeah just all technique changes, we set tones for each song and just went with it. Same with Hard Days Night, the kinda fast walking part I do, no eq change, just thumbed/palm muted technique.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1037630' date='Nov 26 2010, 12:05 PM']Nice Jazz, btw... :)[/quote]

Yeah it's ok, might refinish it purple and install a Kahler whammy :)

Cheers guys
Si

Hey Si

Really enjoyable stuff - well played and sung by all concerned - and that is one sweet sounding J bass dude, can't fault the music - I mean there are shed loads of covers bands out there but you guys sound like you're actually making music...! Not just going through the motions and playing the dots - that's quite an achievement really.

Keep it up

Cheers

Mike