Why become a member? ×

My boutique Mega-Pedalboard for sale or trade

jsixties

As lovely as it is (it's an awesome collection of pedals), I highly doubt you'll sell it as a whole. If you split it up I imagine you'd sell it all rather quickly, I'd have the empress tremolo off you for a start. If you really want to sell it as a whole, that's of course your choice, but my advice would definitely be to spilt it up.

[quote name='jsixties' post='1037497' date='Nov 26 2010, 10:26 AM']I don't really want to split the work of so many years. :)[/quote]

The value of the [i]time[/i] you've invested getting this collection [i]right for you[/i] is gonna be way more than the pure cash value of the gear second-hand.
Unless you can find your long lost twin / doppelganger / evil clone, It's going to be worth even less as a combination to someone else with different tastes.

Unless you really need the money, selling it seems an odd decision.

Rediscover that past dream and go and make sweet music with it.

You're absolutely right Topo. :) but let's see what happen.
Aside the personal tastes in my experience this is the perfect set-up for anyone, but could be changed or modified in the future so the Flatliner are ready for that,
My price for all the componets are more than fair and in fact if you make numbers a bargain (there's a few pedals here with a truly high value in the second market just now) so why not take advantage of this? No hurry at all by my side, just an interesting proposal for another pedalgeek like a was.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The eternal audit :) I can't understand why people thinks all is questionable/debatable.
It so simple as the owner choose what to do and how to do it and the other part just agree or ignore the ad, this is how things works. It not hurts, really.

More reasons if the above mentioned are not enough: I can't pack 18 items and then goes the same times making a few kilometers to the postal office.

Edited by jsixties

I don't think people are debating or questioning you on your choice. It's a market, you choose to sell whatever you want in any way you want at any price you want.

But look at it from the other point of view. Some of us would be interested in a few (or many) of the pedals that you have on the pedalboard. We can't buy them because we don't want to buy a pedalboard that has a number of other pedals we do not want.

When people are asking if you'll split the board, it's not because they are questioning your judgement. It's to see if there are options other than 'buy all of it" and "buy none of it."

I understand why you don't want to break up the pedalboard, but you're unlikely to sell it because there simply isn't a market for it. If there was a buyer, you'd have sold it long ago.

To some, it's a bit frustrating that your post comes up at regular intervals with pedals that we cannot buy because they're part of a job lot. It's a little bit like teasing.

I wish you the best with your sale.

- martin

[quote name='jsixties' post='1119545' date='Feb 7 2011, 10:03 PM']The eternal audit :) I can't understand why people thinks all is questionable/debatable.
It so simple as the owner choose what to do and how to do it and the other part just agree or ignore the ad, this is how things works. It not hurts, really.

More reasons if the above mentioned are not enough: I can't pack 18 items and then goes the same times making a few kilometers to the postal office.[/quote]

If he does not sell the collection, it will act as a constant reminder of obsession and eventually devour his soul.

If he breaks up the collection, then the quest will have been a road to nowhere and the shock of reaching the end of the trail and finding that the trail leads to nothing will devour his soul.

This thread is nothing to do with pedals. It is about salvation.