Why become a member? ×

Innovation Honeys - barely used, brand new last weekend

Clarky

These were put on my new Eminence EUB last Sunday and I found them a little too tense for my liking (I have swapped for Silver Slaps). Other than a slight (and completely unavoidable) amount of fuzzing of the silks these are as-new. I paid £73.50 and will sell them on for £55 including post (over a 20% discount). Any takers? :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1035991' date='Nov 25 2010, 10:15 AM']Hmm. I'm tempted to try them Clarky...
How does the thickness compare with the silver slaps? If they are as thick then the extra tension might be a problem...
And how is your hand btw?[/quote]
Hi Jake, they are nothing like as thick as the Silver Slaps. In fact they are barely thicker, I would say, than the D'Addario Spirocores that came as stock on the bass. I ordered the Honeys (sounds like a rap artist!) after reading they were lower tension gut-alike strings but IMHO there's not much in it between these and the Spirocores, factionally less tense but not a lot.*

Hand is slowly getting there thanks. I still can't make a fist and there is a slightly worrying lump on the upper joint of my middle finger - I have the next checkup on Monday with x-rays. Slightly trepidatious given the developments with my middle finger, which was not the one that broke ....

* If you are passing by my house on work in London feel free to come and take a look

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1035996' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:20 AM']Hi Jake, they are nothing like as thick as the Silver Slaps. In fact they are barely thicker, I would say, than the D'Addario Spirocores that came as stock on the bass. I ordered the Honeys (sounds like a rap artist!) after reading they were lower tension gut-alike strings but IMHO there's not much in it between these and the Spirocores, factionally less tense but not a lot.*

Hand is slowly getting there thanks. I still can't make a fist and there is a slightly worrying lump on the upper joint of my middle finger - I have the next checkup on Monday with x-rays. Slightly trepidatious given the developments with my middle finger, which was not the one that broke ....

* If you are passing by my house on work in London feel free to come and take a look[/quote] Hi Clarky,on a slightly different note, i'm looking for a lower tension grade of string,have you any advice for a string novice!!

[quote name='macclad' post='1036598' date='Nov 25 2010, 05:00 PM']Hi Clarky,on a slightly different note, i'm looking for a lower tension grade of string,have you any advice for a string novice!![/quote]
I've only tried a few types but my favourites are Presto Nylonwound (pretty expensive at just over £100 a set) and Innovation Silver Slaps (just over £70 a set). The latter are very thick and very low tension and to my mind the easiest playing strings I have come across. I have them on both my DBs now

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1036967' date='Nov 25 2010, 09:17 PM']Hey Clarky how are the Silver Slaps for pizz volume and sustain?[/quote]
I'm probably not the best person to ask due to my limited experience. I would say their volume is less than the old Thomastik Superflexibles I used to have but still decent enough. The E and A don't have as much sustain either but I suspect thats because they are designed for slapping. For me they are great as I am playing live through a preamp/amp anyway and they are by far the easiest strings on the fingers I have found.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1036997' date='Nov 25 2010, 09:37 PM']Fair enough, that's sort-of what I expected. I was just wondering if they'd be any good for unamplified busking but I guess probably not.[/quote]
My guess is there are definitely better strings out there for acoustic busking but someone like jakesbass or the more experienced DB'ers are much better qualified than me.

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1076159' date='Jan 3 2011, 11:48 AM']Did these sell Mr Clarky sah?
Would like to buy, if Jake's not interested, been promised them, or bought them.
Ta
John[/quote]

So you've decided which EUB then?

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1076573' date='Jan 3 2011, 06:06 PM']Not yet Liam. I'd like to try some Honeys on my ADB. Thanks for the play this a.m., very helpful. Hope you and the family had a good day.

John[/quote]

No problem at all John. We did indeed have a good day.
Thanks for the cuppas.
:)

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1076159' date='Jan 3 2011, 11:48 AM']Did these sell Mr Clarky sah?
Would like to buy, if Jake's not interested, been promised them, or bought them.
Ta
John[/quote]
Just back from Alps! Nope they did not sell, Mr Slapper