Why become a member? ×

JAPANESE FENDER PRECISION FS /FT

rogerds

Don't want to do it but as no-one wants my Bassman 135 :D !

Here's my heavily modded Fender Japanese Precision.
Its the 50th Anniversary model (thats the Fender anniversary in '96)

Not sure what the body colour is called but its (sort of) salmon pink (ish)

added <<<<< thanks for the info .... apparently its 'Shell Pink' >>>>>>>

All hardware is black and includes

scratchplate

badass bridge

tuners / machine heads - including drop-D

black volume & tone knobs / nut / string tree / strap knobs

EMGs fitted (black - of course :) )

there are holes in the body and the scratchplate for pickup & bridge covers (i still play with he pickup cover on!) and also for the thumbrest

(could probably find a thumbrest if you wanted - any colour you like - as long as its black :) )

neck is maple with a gorgeous grain running through it
the holes for the original tuners can be seen in the headstock but they have been filled

there are 2 small dings on the top edge of the body and one on the bottom... annoying when these things happen!

thats what it looks like - its set up the way i like and sounds great - i know not everyone likes EMGs but being able to change tone quickly and easily without major changes in volume as happens with a 'normal' active configuration suits the stuff i do

I know its not 'original' and i've had some valued comments about that but heck, these are 'tools' that we use to express ourselves and this is a 'player' and not an ornament but....

if there's no genuine interest then i will try and revert it back to something like its 'original' state - but with a couple of extra holes in the body ! :lol:

thanks for looking... & as with anything personal like a bass you're very welcome to come down to Dorset and check it out to see if it suits you (sir)...

price? how about starting negotiations at £525 ?

trades? .... hmmm...... i do have a hankering for a Jaguar bass & fancy trying one of the TC RH 450's ......

[attachment=64191:bass_01.jpg] / [attachment=64192:bass_body_03.jpg] / [attachment=64193:bass_headstock.jpg] / [attachment=64194:bass_made_in_japan.jpg] / [attachment=64195:bass_tuners.jpg] / [attachment=64196:bass_badass.jpg]

Edited by rogerds

Just wondering, if this had original machine heads put back on, would the holes show frow the current ones?
Bit academic really as it's about £150 out of my current budget, yet apart from those tuners it looks really good.
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1027511' date='Nov 18 2010, 12:44 AM']I was convinced that would be a "lawsuit" copy till I saw the MIJ on the neck. Just puzzled now why you don't say Fender anywhere in the description.[/quote]

you're so right.... I can't believe i did that !! - of course its a genuine Fender!!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1027665' date='Nov 18 2010, 10:02 AM']What are the pink spots either side of the bridge? (not the screw holes)[/quote]

I would hazard a guess that these were the original ashtray holes filled in and the visible screw holes are for a new bridge cover - only a guess mind...

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='1027743' date='Nov 18 2010, 11:10 AM']I would hazard a guess that these were the original ashtray holes filled in and the visible screw holes are for a new bridge cover - only a guess mind...

andy[/quote]

you're spot on -- thanks andy
roger

[quote name='Alfie' post='1028054' date='Nov 18 2010, 03:38 PM']I would love this to partner my 1996 surf green MIJ P bass, if only I had the time and money to restore it to its original state.

When were the MIJs last offered in custom colours? Was it a special 50th anniversary year thing?[/quote]

kind soul emailed me to say the pastel shades disappeared when it went to CIJ as opposed to MIJ - ie '97 - on

(I'm learning a whole new load of 'stuff' today!)

roger