Why become a member? ×

Orange OR120 '72-74 Plexi front

Mr. Foxen

Selling this for a mate, cause I can't afford to buy it myself. An early pics only OR120, the plexi front (painted on the back) indicates it dates from 1972-1974, according to the Orange dating website. This has been a gigging amp, so has been maintained accordingly, some caps have been replaced, although the main caps are still original as they haven't had issues (although should really be replaced due to age). Is loaded with a mix of valves, works fine but probably best getting a new set in and a full service and setup to your liking. After £850 for it.

My monitor is dying, so all pics look really dark to me, so I've not edited them because they'd end up washed out.

[url="http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Incarante/Gims%20Orange/"]Full album here.[/url]

Edited by Mr. Foxen

don't think 'pristine' is really the word, it is well used, the blue caps are replacements, but it has been done competantly with appropriate stuff (saw another the radial caps stuck in on leads).

Anyway, if someone can sort it fairly quickly, £850 will secure this, reserve the right to return to asking price at some future point whereupon this will be updated (as in if you get your confirmation in before I change it, the £850 stands).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4, 8, 16 ohm selector. Not benched it but it is nominal 120w. 4 EL34 power valves, 2 12AX7 preamp valves, Bandaxall (2 band) eq, so bit more control than the 3 band Fender circuit. First knob is a 6 position switch, FAC, sort of midrange selector, I'm not sure of its actual workings, I'd guess it selects the mid frequency for the tone controls, but it might be some other midrange colour. The other two big knobs are hi frequency drive/presence, and the gain/volume.

[url="http://users.telenet.be/orangefg/"]Background here.[/url]

I'm in Bristol. the amp is stashed at a practice spaceon King Square near the center, next to Stokes Croft, site of the former House of Bass. Loads of cabs to try it through, but need to square a time with Gim, the owner of the amp, who runs the space.

Edit: Whilst fully functional, it could probably do with a new set of valves if you are fussy on such things.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='perogato' post='1170982' date='Mar 21 2011, 05:55 PM']Bump for a very tempting amp ... too bad I live on mainland Europe :)[/quote]

I can sort shipping if you wanna cover it. Probably send the valves separately as they invalidate insurance due to glass.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1170990' date='Mar 21 2011, 07:01 PM']I can sort shipping if you wanna cover it. Probably send the valves separately as they invalidate insurance due to glass.[/quote]

Hmm, I am afraid that the price, together with shipping and the valves change is going to get a bit steep for my finances ...
But much appreciated :)