Why become a member? ×

Powering lots of pedals at different polarities

pantherairsoft

Hi guys... I'd like to reduce the number of mains plugs I'm having to use to run my monster board.

Any suggestions on slimming the following down would be appreciated...

The easy stuff - All run off a Diago power station... ALL 9v Centre Neg
Boss DD20
Boss SL20
Boss OC2
EBS Unichorus
Guyatone Phase Shifter
Tech 21 XXL Bass
Devi Ever Soda Meiser
3Leaf Groove Regulator

That's one plug.
Then all of the following are run on individual power supplies...

All 9v centre pos, but will happily take 12v. These need to have a long type power connector rather than the common shorter one.
Moogerfooger MF-101
Moogerfooger MF-102
Moogerfooger MF-107

Markbass SuperSynth (12v pos with a huge draw of 550ma)

Moog MP-201 (12v pos but with an odd connector, looks like a regular barrel with a yellow cap and a really tiny centre hole)

Old EHX Bass MicroSynth (24v pos).

I'm happy with the Diago and I'm thinking the SuperSynth is best on it own due to a huge draw, as well as the BMS as it needs 24v. Is there a supply that could wither run everything run by the Diago PLUS the 3 moogerfoogers, or just something that will power the 3 moogers.

I am unsure about the MP201 as it's connector is very odd and finding an adaptor may not be easy.

Even a way to power the 3 moogerfoogers would save me 2 plugs!

Cheers

Shep

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1022820' date='Nov 13 2010, 07:34 PM']Hi guys... I'd like to reduce the number of mains plugs I'm having to use to run my monster board.

Any suggestions on slimming the following down would be appreciated...

The easy stuff - All run off a Diago power station... ALL 9v Centre Neg
Boss DD20
Boss SL20
Boss OC2
EBS Unichorus
Guyatone Phase Shifter
Tech 21 XXL Bass
Devi Ever Soda Meiser
3Leaf Groove Regulator

That's one plug.
Then all of the following are run on individual power supplies...

All 9v centre pos, but will happily take 12v. These need to have a long type power connector rather than the common shorter one.
Moogerfooger MF-101
Moogerfooger MF-102
Moogerfooger MF-107

Markbass SuperSynth (12v pos with a huge draw of 550ma)

Moog MP-201 (12v pos but with an odd connector, looks like a regular barrel with a yellow cap and a really tiny centre hole)

Old EHX Bass MicroSynth (24v pos).

I'm happy with the Diago and I'm thinking the SuperSynth is best on it own due to a huge draw, as well as the BMS as it needs 24v. Is there a supply that could wither run everything run by the Diago PLUS the 3 moogerfoogers, or just something that will power the 3 moogers.

I am unsure about the MP201 as it's connector is very odd and finding an adaptor may not be easy.

Even a way to power the 3 moogerfoogers would save me 2 plugs!

Cheers

Shep[/quote]
Hi Shep,
If I can source the longer plugs I can make up a PSU with leads for the 3 moogerfoogers at least, will send you a PM.
Cheerz, John

can't you daisy-chain the diago and use red adaptors for the moog or blue (longer barrel) ? or have i got that wrong ? :)

if 1 powerstation won't do the lot, then two might be the way forward..they don't seem to mind a mix of 9 & 12v imo..

with the exception of the 24-v pedal.

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1022829' date='Nov 13 2010, 07:47 PM']Hi Shep,
If I can source the longer plugs I can make up a PSU with leads for the 3 moogerfoogers at least, will send you a PM.
Cheerz, John[/quote]

That sounds promising. Ironically I think I can get the plugs from where I work for you!

I was unsure if the Moogers would get noisy being connected to the same supply?

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1022832' date='Nov 13 2010, 07:49 PM']can't you daisy-chain the diago and use red adaptors for the moog or blue (longer barrel) ? or have i got that wrong ? :)

if 1 powerstation won't do the lot, then two might be the way forward..they don't seem to mind a mix of 9 & 12v imo..

with the exception of the 24-v pedal.[/quote]

Hmmmm the red one might in theory... Anyone have an experience of doing this with a Moogerfooger?

Shep

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1022851' date='Nov 13 2010, 08:06 PM']Hmmmm the red one might in theory... Anyone have an experience of doing this with a Moogerfooger?

Shep[/quote]
it's just that they have a picture of a moog in their diagram that made me draw that conclusion :)

the blue one is a jack, so i was wrong about that..

[url="http://www.diago.co.uk/pedal-power/pedal-power/instructions.html"]http://www.diago.co.uk/pedal-power/pedal-p...structions.html[/url]

i use mine with a mb compressore 12v, mxr blowtorch (18v with adaptor) and a bunch of other pedals and it never seems to mind anything.

magic little boxes.

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1022856' date='Nov 13 2010, 08:11 PM']it's just that they have a picture of a moog in their diagram that made me draw that conclusion :)

the blue one is a jack, so i was wrong about that..

[url="http://www.diago.co.uk/pedal-power/pedal-power/instructions.html"]http://www.diago.co.uk/pedal-power/pedal-p...structions.html[/url]

i use mine with a mb compressore 12v, mxr blowtorch (18v with adaptor) and a bunch of other pedals and it never seems to mind anything.

magic little boxes.[/quote]

Your not wrong!

I'd read somewhere that Moogerfoogers didn't like sharing power supplies (like line6 ToneCore stuff) but I can no longer find that webpage and this seems to imply otherwise!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1022869' date='Nov 13 2010, 08:28 PM']Your not wrong!

I'd read somewhere that Moogerfoogers didn't like sharing power supplies (like line6 ToneCore stuff) but I can no longer find that webpage and this seems to imply otherwise![/quote]
Shep,

i was wrong after all, scroll through the list, you had that correct ! (although, you may be able to do just the 3 moogs from one powerstation?)

i'm confused, e-mail them, they're excellent at consumer service.

PM sent..

[url="http://www.diago.co.uk/powerstation_compatibility.html"]http://www.diago.co.uk/powerstation_compatibility.html[/url]

Edited by phil.i.stein

I emailed Moog earlier and they just replied..

Basically they informed me that the Diago supplies work with the red tips but hiss like a bastard. Apparently any multipower system will do the same. The only ones that keep them quiet are those with isolated power outputs, or to use a virtual battery for each.

They recommend using separate power supplies over any system...

Those which have isolated outputs are far more expensive than I'm happy to pay.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1022908' date='Nov 13 2010, 09:20 PM']I emailed Moog earlier and they just replied..

Basically they informed me that the Diago supplies work with the red tips but hiss like a bastard. Apparently any multipower system will do the same. The only ones that keep them quiet are those with isolated power outputs, or to use a virtual battery for each.

They recommend using separate power supplies over any system...

Those which have isolated outputs are far more expensive than I'm happy to pay.[/quote]
oh well, at least you can mount a few 4-ways on that u.v. board of yours and still make use of its' inherent sexiness ! :)

edit: too many double-entendres already, i'm off... :)

Edited by phil.i.stein

I got a Godlyke Powerall (1.7A & has a few different connector adaptors & a daisy chain with 2 polarity reversers).
I run the Murf, CE2 & Distortion from it but had to put the 101 on it's own supply as it was getting a buzz. I tried shielding the sides with copper which reduced it a bit but said "sack it" in the end.