Why become a member? ×

headphones for my tascam

d-basser

Having received a lovely tascam bass trainer for my christmas i need a better set of headphones. my sennheiser HD202s cant handle the bass, they fart at an usable volume.
recommendations?

i dont want to spend a fortune so cheaper the better if they will work well.

should i get a set of the cheaper sennheiser closed headphones? are shure e2s gonna be any good?

advice appreciated

Dan :)

I use Beyer DT250s and 150s - both work well.
250s are more comfy - a little more 'hi-fi' - 150s isolation is better - very analytical.

DT231s are surprisingly good too , very light - work well for general listening, but very poor isolation, and they'll fly off your head at any excuse (fortunately they bounce very well).

I bought a pair of Sennheiser eH350s from Sound Control. I went to the shop with in mind to spend about £40 for some closed headphones, but 'vented' so I can wear them for long practice sessions without feeling uncomfortable. I now find it far easier to hear what's going on when trying to work out basslines. Great investment.

[url="http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.5.8.3-44-31"]http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/...1.1.5.8.3-44-31[/url]

Panic is over for the mo, fiddling with it yesterday I can make it work fine with my HD202s by cutting the input pretty low (for some unknown reason i hadnt tried this...doh)
The sound aint great but is good so will do me till i can save up get some nice new ones.
I may look at the shure or bose ones but my tragus piercing has to heal first as i cant wear in ear phones at the mo

Wait and save your dosh.....

Try the Bose and if you dont like 'em you can send 'em back for a full refund......

I wanted to hate mine and send them back..... I genuinely did, as I wasnt prepared to believe the hype....

T[u]ell you what they blew me out the water, unfortunately they ARE that good. [/u]

Now if they could get a decent bass repsonse with the L1 without having to use 2 bass units I'd consider one of them just for the space saving, however at the mo my Mesa is LOADS smaller, with better tone and more power so.....

Sorry Bose not quite there yet....

I have Sennheiser HD205s and have no problem with the bass. I'm wondering if it is the setup that you have on your Tascam. You can change the 'mix' level between the original source and your bass sound in the menus without having to resort to increasing or decreasing the input or output levels.

I'd be surprised if any standard set of headphones couldn't handle the output from a Tascam.

[quote name='Muppet' post='123701' date='Jan 20 2008, 10:54 AM']I have Sennheiser HD205s and have no problem with the bass. I'm wondering if it is the setup that you have on your Tascam. You can change the 'mix' level between the original source and your bass sound in the menus without having to resort to increasing or decreasing the input or output levels.

I'd be surprised if any standard set of headphones couldn't handle the output from a Tascam.[/quote]

As i say i fixed it and they cope fine, fiddling with levels and all is well. so i will wait to upgrade, there's no longer rush

Another for E2's. I use them for my IEM. Unfortunately thy have gone back up to £45 on Play.com now though they seem to have been replaced by the SE series now?

Also Westone UM1's which are similar - though I have to say I found some problems using those that I put down to the jack