Why become a member? ×

More Pedals I no longer use

bozzbass

Here are some more pedals which I think haven’t seen any use for maybe the past 5 years. Many of them might be better for guitar but I figured I would put them on Basschat anyway as I’ve had good experiences buying and selling on this site and I know some of you double on guitar.

Lovetone Ringstinger - £600

Bizarre and very excellent ring modulator, great for proper old style modular synth sounds, making Dalek voices and reproducing the immortal line ‘I am Iron Man!!!!!!!’. Comes with the light jack for modulating carrier wave and, unlike many ringmod pedals, allows you to use the input signal as a carrier for a super rich sounding octave fuzz which sounds great mixed with some straight bass sound. Admittedly, not much of a pedal for bass but figured I would put it on basschat anyway.

Guyatone TZ2 Fuzz - Sold

Full on octave fuzz which, similar to the Ringstinger, sounds good mixed with clean bass sound. It also sounds great for Stooges type guitar sounds.

Danelectro Daddy-O - £35

Nice sounding overdrive that doesn’t thin out the low end of your bass and has plenty of rockin’ midrange. Gives more of a ‘cranked old Fender head’ vibe than a Big Muff or Rat type distortion/fuzz pedal. Obviously works well with guitar.

Boss CE-2 Chorus - £130

This is a Japanese made model with a green label on the bottom. Seems to be quite sought after by guitarists on Ebay these days for it’s ‘classic’ chorusing :) . Sounds good on bass, kinda like Scott Thunes on ’88 Zappa tour, though in fairness I think it thins out the low end a bit. Doesn’t come with the box but I will pack well for postage.

Boss Bass Overdrive - Sold

You nose it!!!! Goes from clean boost to Big Muff fuzz out.

Akai Deep Impact - Sold

Excellent sounding bass synth that many of you will know well. I thought I would keep it after selling my old Korg G5 on here but I just don’t think I’m going to use it and it seems a shame for it to sit idle and mute on my shelf. Unfortunately I don’t have the original power supply but this pedal works fine with my Rocktron DC-On-Tap. Edited by bozzbass

Other than the Ring Stinger and the Deep Impact, the prices include Royal Mail P&P.

I'm thinking it would probably be worth insuring the Lovetone and Akai in the post which I think will cost a bit extra. I'm happy to negotiate on how to send these 2 pedals and splitting the cost with the buyer.

£600 wow :) Nope, for basschat £300 it is. These Akais do seem to go for silly money on ebay these days.

I priced this one based on the 'silly money' versus how much I paid it for it new all those years ago and came up with a figure that, given these pedals have appreciated in value on the market, gave me a profit I was comfortable with. To be honest I think £600 is too much to pay but don't tell my wife I said that otherwise she'll have me adding another £300 quid on. :)

[quote name='bozzbass' post='1021228' date='Nov 12 2010, 11:52 AM']£600 wow :) Nope, for basschat £300 it is. These Akais do seem to go for silly money on ebay these days.

I priced this one based on the 'silly money' versus how much I paid it for it new all those years ago and came up with a figure that, given these pedals have appreciated in value on the market, gave me a profit I was comfortable with. To be honest I think £600 is too much to pay but don't tell my wife I said that otherwise she'll have me adding another £300 quid on. :lol:[/quote]

I think your attitude on the Deep Impact is great and really builds the spirit of Basschat. If you could just screw yourself out of another £200 or so I might just oblige :) .

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

A Deep Impact for £300!!! I am VERY tempted - however I'm thinking of quitting my band soon so I would have absolutely no use for it.

Also, I agree with richardfoggo. I'm sure that in the time I've written this post someone has bought it.

[quote name='crez5150' post='1024617' date='Nov 15 2010, 01:46 PM']Hi

does the Akai come with any of the original box/manual etc...?[/quote]

Yep, the Akai comes with the box - you can just about see it in the pic - and the manual, the only thing I no longer have is the original power supply.

[quote name='Kev' post='1025065' date='Nov 15 2010, 07:34 PM']Great price, good to see a deep impact that isnt quite at an insane price

For anyone that wants the full original package, i have an original deep impact power supply i could sell on :)

Bump[/quote]

cheers for that Kev

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RichardFoggo' post='1024643' date='Nov 15 2010, 03:04 PM']I think your attitude on the Deep Impact is great and really builds the spirit of Basschat. If you could just screw yourself out of another £200 or so I might just oblige :) .[/quote]

+1, respect - the seller is a good guy!