Why become a member? ×

Sovtek Mig50 Russian valve head. guitar/bass.

terrorike

For Sale!

Mighty powerful 50watt russian valve head. Russian valves. Badly brutal tones. lightweight head. unbelievable little box of tricks. Really badly don't want to sell this amp, infact i may not it depends what offers i get. I use a guitar tuned down to f which is nearly bass and this thing will handle anything. its like a stealth sniper when you're not playing and is one of the best amps i've ever owned for recording. Really basic controls so no f***ing around. volume goes up to about 13. This amp was found in the factory in russia where they were made made in about 1990 and never got used until I bought it off ebay. I've had it serviced and everything is fine. not a scratch anywhere. need to know more give me a shout....

[quote name='terrorike' post='1021080' date='Nov 12 2010, 10:12 AM']well, thats gonna help sales. buy a marshall if you want to walk around with a cock in your mouth. sovtek comes with russian valves made in a munitions factory. still, i'd rather have a marshall and make my living rubbing my dad off a tenner at a time.[/quote]

haha sucks you bought a marshall clone then.

[quote name='terrorike' post='1021080' date='Nov 12 2010, 10:12 AM']well, thats gonna help sales. buy a marshall if you want to walk around with a cock in your mouth. sovtek comes with russian valves made in a munitions factory. still, i'd rather have a marshall and make my living rubbing my dad off a tenner at a time.[/quote]

Gentlemen, I fear we have a guitard in our midst

[quote name='Thornybank' post='1022298' date='Nov 13 2010, 11:34 AM']Military does not equal musical.
By no means.
These had a big prob with popping valve taking out transformers...
...and there are NO parts for these...
...but this one is still going, so may be OK.[/quote]

Military wiring is Hiwatt's favourite boast. Does this use especially Russian components, or is it a Marshall clone, and thus use same specced components?

And damn, cheap nasty Marshalls explode and die all the time, due to cheap nastyness.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1022310' date='Nov 13 2010, 12:33 PM']Military wiring is Hiwatt's favourite boast. Does this use especially Russian components, or is it a Marshall clone, and thus use same specced components?

And damn, cheap nasty Marshalls explode and die all the time, due to cheap nastyness.[/quote]

What Hiwatt meant was that the wiring was done by the same women who worked in the munitions factories - no wasted copper and everything rock solid.

Russian components, not interchangeable stuff.

Yeah - cheap Marshall's do...
...which is why I only keep them from JTM45 - JCM800.

[quote name='Thornybank' post='1022298' date='Nov 13 2010, 11:34 AM']Military does not equal musical.
By no means.
These had a big prob with popping valve taking out transformers...
...and there are NO parts for these...
...but this one is still going, so may be OK.[/quote]

military spec stuff is generally quite reliable and consistant though, which is something i like!