Why become a member? ×

The Official Cheap Trick Thread

Delberthot

Me and a mate are now thinking of going to Brum. We knew about the DP gig ages ago but it was very expensive (I know they are hauling an orchestra round) and we decided against it. However, now CT are involved as well it might just swing it back in favour, plus it is a Sunday night which means no last minute dashes trying to get to the venue. Still don't like the NEC as a venue, they milk what they know is pretty much a captive audience in terms of car parking etc so it works out more expensive than, say, Sheffield arena.

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1321311859' post='1437805']
Suggested that to my lot....received deathly silence to that suggestion. Ah well, probably not really us anyway :) .

Love a bit of Cheap Trick me
[/quote]
I've had the same reaction with EVERY covers band that I have ever been in (and that's a shedload in the last 30+ years)... hence I've started my own Cheap Trick tribute band; now there can be NO discussion as to which band's songs we should cover next! :)

I was never in to them when all my mates were, during our school years, but over the last 10 years ive become a fan.

I saw them at the RAH a few years ago and while i hate the venue, it was the best gig i'd seen there. It nice to see a band actually entertain the audience rather just standing there and playing.

I have learnt a few of their songs over the years (Surrender being my fav) but never got to play them with a band.

Edited by dave_bass5