Why become a member? ×

DR Strings - NEONS

xilddx

Here's what they look like in a gig situation under typical pub lights and Maplin 4-bulb flash boxes. Excuse the bass face!

[url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150351425820524&set=a.10150351424855524.582963.342366270523"]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...63.342366270523[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pete.young' post='1048783' date='Dec 5 2010, 09:42 PM']Just beginning to wonder if I've done the right thing. I can't wait to see what the band thinks. Picture doesn't really do justice to the vividness of the colour:

[/quote]Pete what did the band think,do you like the sound of them?...i am thinking of getting a set

[quote name='pete.young' post='1055849' date='Dec 12 2010, 11:35 AM']Here's what they look like in a gig situation under typical pub lights and Maplin 4-bulb flash boxes. Excuse the bass face!

[url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150351425820524&set=a.10150351424855524.582963.342366270523"]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...63.342366270523[/url][/quote]

*puts anti-nuclear flash glasses on*

Christ Jesus, they are bright!!!!

[quote name='dbass' post='1065696' date='Dec 21 2010, 02:26 PM']*puts anti-nuclear flash glasses on*

Christ Jesus, they are bright!!!![/quote]

You should see them under UV light! Don't have a picture of that, probably just as well.

Ady, the rest of the band admired them for the obligatory 30 seconds and then moved on to the usual whinges! As for sound, they sound remarkably like the DR Sunbeams, I had on my G&L2500 which is not a massive surprise. Rich and round and warm, if you like that kinda thing.

I'll admit I was originally thinking about putting them on the TRB5, but the colour is just too much of a clash. Seems a much better fit with the natural wood of the Bass Collection.

[quote name='pete.young' post='1048783' date='Dec 5 2010, 09:42 PM']Just beginning to wonder if I've done the right thing. I can't wait to see what the band thinks. Picture doesn't really do justice to the vividness of the colour:

[/quote]

How is the GK-3B working out for you, Pete? Can you point me at some sound clips?

If the East Anglia bash happens, and we both get there, you are welcome to try mine!

Sorry Jack, no soundclips yet. I'll see if I can persuade the young master to record a couple while he and the firepod are in the house.

There are some interviews with VB-99 users on the Roland website www.rolandus/community/insider but they're a bit heavy on waffle and a bit light on actual soundclips.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pete.young' post='1072708' date='Dec 30 2010, 01:44 PM']If the East Anglia bash happens, and we both get there, you are welcome to try mine!

Sorry Jack, no soundclips yet. I'll see if I can persuade the young master to record a couple while he and the firepod are in the house.

There are some interviews with VB-99 users on the Roland website www.rolandus/community/insider but they're a bit heavy on waffle and a bit light on actual soundclips.[/quote]

Trigger pulled! - I read enough reviews to hopefully give me an idea what to expect then stumped up the wonger for a 6 string set of DR's. They arrived today and I'm having a bit of a play. They sound pretty good so far - not to mention looking pretty funky!

I went for Peacock Blue to go with my Shuker's flip paint finish.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting some neons recently, found a nice cheap set, but then though, hey, why don't I try some Red Devils and whack them on my Jag - and whatcha know - They look and are AWEESOME!

My only problem is that because the coating isn't conductive the infamous Jag buzz popped on round but mysteriously disappeared when I took of the scratch plate for a gander. But yes, beautiful strings are the DRs.