Why become a member? ×

Kyuss Lives

dumelow

I heard about this a while ago, though originally I thought they were just playing Germany. Personally I would prefer Scott Reeder in there. No gigs in Scotland is a bit annoying. I would go if it was local, but its not something I would travel to. I'm generally against bands reuniting just for the sake of it, without actually releasing anything new. It really needs Homme to be Kyuss as he was such a big part of their sound. Should be some good gigs though.

yeah i agree with you about scott reeder, but ill settle for oliveri for now

[quote name='thodrik' post='1013439' date='Nov 5 2010, 03:56 PM']I heard about this a while ago, though originally I thought they were just playing Germany. Personally I would prefer Scott Reeder in there. No gigs in Scotland is a bit annoying. I would go if it was local, but its not something I would travel to. I'm generally against bands reuniting just for the sake of it, without actually releasing anything new. It really needs Homme to be Kyuss as he was such a big part of their sound. Should be some good gigs though.[/quote]

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='1014414' date='Nov 6 2010, 04:04 PM']Reeder is the better bassist for Kyuss, but Olivieri suited the early QOTSA "robot rock" style perfectly.
Who's drumming? Brant Bjork or Alfredo Hernandez?[/quote]

Bjork thankfully, Hernandez was good, but Bjork and Homme were the main songwriters and Bjork sort of held everything together. Without Bjork they'd have even more trouble calling it a Kyuss reunion.

So they are playing Glasgow it seems. I probably will see them after all. I saw Brant Bjork a few months ago in a tiny little venue. Somehow I feel these gigs will be a little less intimate, which I suppose is good news as it means they are making money. I wonder with it being Oliveri that it will mostly be stuff from Blues for the Red Sun and Wretch rather than anything written after he left?