Why become a member? ×

Now Traded - Vintage Altec 421-8H's - Now Traded

ok here is the background; these came from an old bassman 215, I had them in individual homemade cabs but decided to put them back in a 215 - then I had emergency hernia operation in september!!
Initially decided to keep them as spares for my trace 115 but have just discovered hernia is back and I'm going to need further surgery so I need to go lightweight if I am going to keep playing.

These speakers are rated at 150w 8ohm. I'll take a few pics tomorrow evening and add them to this thread if anyone wants to see them? I no longer have any of the aforementioned cabs but the speakers are currentl attached to front boards from the last cabs with 15" grills to protect whilst awaiting next cab.

For obvious reasons I am desperate to lighten my rig (but have zero cash at the moment) but I am open to all suggestions of possible trades of any bass related items.

thanks for looking.

juice

Edited by juice

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='1010243' date='Nov 3 2010, 12:29 AM']I could be interested in one.[/quote]

would ideally like to trade both together but let me know what you would like to offer and I will gladly consider splitting them for you.

[quote name='Chimike' post='1010378' date='Nov 3 2010, 09:06 AM']Hi,

Would you be interested in an as new Rocktron Blue Thunder, nice light "no amp " option ?[/quote]

interesting offer - I'm just off to get some further info on the unit - I guess by your location I would need to check out shipping options for the speakers too? I have to say due to the circumstances I would have to give preference to someone who could collect them.

anyways will check out the blue thunder & come back to you.

[quote name='juice' post='1011270' date='Nov 3 2010, 07:47 PM']interesting offer - I'm just off to get some further info on the unit - I guess by your location I would need to check out shipping options for the speakers too? I have to say due to the circumstances I would have to give preference to someone who could collect them.

anyways will check out the blue thunder & come back to you.[/quote]
Hi,

Where abouts are you ?
Don't like carriers, so I'm just back from a 9 hour drive after collecting something I really wanted !

Thanks Mike

[quote name='Chimike' post='1011679' date='Nov 4 2010, 09:05 AM']Hi,

Where abouts are you ?
Don't like carriers, so I'm just back from a 9 hour drive after collecting something I really wanted !

Thanks Mike[/quote]

I'm based grantham, lincolnshire

Postcode ng31 9NA

[quote name='Chimike' post='1014077' date='Nov 6 2010, 10:56 AM']Hi Justin,

Too far to drive , for me . I do have a pair of Altec 418 's, ( the Alnico version of yours ) so I think I'll use those. Thanks for the offer, though !

Best Wishes Mike.[/quote]

No problem, if you decide to sell the nightbas could you drop me a pm?

Still open to offers for tradeson one or both of these

• 2 months later...

[quote name='bumnote' post='1094670' date='Jan 18 2011, 11:52 PM']Do you have a cash price?[/quote]

Hi, only reference for cash price I have is ebay Item number: 200535555440 which is same driver but doesn't have the original cone for £78 + shipping. Based on this I would offer this pair with original cones for £100 collected.

shipping is a possibility which I will research if required.

[quote name='juice' post='1095459' date='Jan 19 2011, 06:32 PM']Hi, only reference for cash price I have is ebay Item number: 200535555440 which is same driver but doesn't have the original cone for £78 + shipping. Based on this I would offer this pair with original cones for £100 collected.

shipping is a possibility which I will research if required.[/quote]

Thanks I will have a think about it

• 2 months later...