Why become a member? ×

Andy Hodge

andyhodgebass

Er, is this going in the the right place? Bit confused by this site but hopefully here's where I get to introduce myself to the Basschat community.
I've been playing bass for 28 years: started having lessons in Torquay with a classical guitarist who taught me to read bass clef from day one, then I joined a school band and failed my A-levels due to too much gigging (and ligging).
Then I moved to London with my first serious pop band - Innocence Lost - and left them just as they got some decent support slots - Icicle Works, It Bites - and a Radio 1 session. My first pro gig was 9 months at a strip club in Soho, leading to cruise work and pantos through the early 90s. Then a few years on theatre tours with various West End productions helped me become a very busy freelance (big bands, soul, covers, funk, fusion and more), before I bowed to an easy but busy life with just one production for almost a decade - That'll Be The Day.
The last 2 or 3 years I've been working as MD on another provincial tour with a Dusty Springfield tribute, but I'm finally realising my potential as a rock player working with Raw Glory and the reforming Heavy Metal Kids amongst others. New personal management opportunities have brought me into contact with some named acts and I believe something exceptional and fulfilling is finally within reach.
I'm now based in West London and keeping my hand in with many and various dep situations while working on 'the big one'.
My basses:
Fender Jazz 5-string, Warwick Thumb 5-string, MusicMan Stingray with Status graphite neck 4-string, Washburn A40 acoustic bass, Stagg electric upright, Charvel 2B 4-string, Green Machine Technology fretless neck awaiting a suitable body.
My amps:
Ashdown Klystron 500, various Trace Elliot heads, Warwick pro-fet IV, assorted speakers - mostly 15s and 10s in different combinations.
Effects:
My Line6 BassPro rack thing gathers dust despite my best efforts to give it an active and enjoyable life. I used to love my Boss Octaver, but where did you go?
I could go on and on, but it's late and the cocoa is kicking in now. Visit my new website if you fancy: www.andyhodgebass.com See you here or there soon.