Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tell me about Delano pick ups for a Jazz.

Raslee

That too!..................... plus you said you already bought them so it may be a bit late to hear anything negative about them, IF there IS anything negative about them. AND threads with such a title belong more on Talk Bass, they have pages & pages & pages & pages & pages of them.

I've got Delano pickups in my Jazz-a-like Sandberg California JM4 - not the same set as you, mind. I've got the single coil at the neck, and a MM style (with a coil-tap) at the bridge.

I A/B'd with my Stingray when I first picked it up, and found that my bridge humbucker, although not quite as full sounding, did a pretty passable impersonation of my usual tone. To be honest, that's probably more to do with the pre-amp differences (2-band vs 3 band) than the pickup itself.

Coil tapped for the Jazz bass sound, it does the business no problem. To be honest, I don't actually use the bridge pickup at all when playing with my current band. I keep rolled right over to the neck and the bottom end is huge. I reckon they'll do the business pretty damn well in your Jazz, throw them in!!

Cheers guys, I'm really looking forward to receiving them now. Have spent the last hour reading stuff on TB and the consensus seems all good from what i have read so far. I'll update/review when i've got them put in my jazz if anyones interested?. :)

[quote name='Rasta' post='999723' date='Oct 25 2010, 09:44 AM']Cheers guys, I'm really looking forward to receiving them now. Have spent the last hour reading stuff on TB and the consensus seems all good from what i have read so far. I'll update/review when i've got them put in my jazz if anyones interested?. :)[/quote]
Please do!

I'm interested in these pickups as well - have a couple of projects I'd like to use them on

HTH, Ian