Why become a member? ×

WARNING: Silverstone amp covers UK

Le Chat Noir

First off I'd like to say I've bought a total of 5 covers off Silverstone for various amps and I'm generally pleased with their product. However, their customer service is shocking and I've finally had it with them.

The penultimate time I ordered from them a few months back, the cover I ordered took over 3 weeks to arrive - and that was only after I e-mailed to ask what had happened and threatened to start a Paypal claim. I had no contact from them before that to let me know about this delay. Shaun (the guy who runs Silverstone) wrote to me and said they were in the middle of moving premises and would prioritise my order. I got it a few days later.

I ordered a cover for my Traynor over a month ago, as Silverstone was the only place I could find making covers for this amp in the UK. This time I wrote to Shaun and explained I had two busy weekends of gigging ahead, so please could he try to get the cover out to me in at least a week? He told me they were in the middle of moving premise but that he'd prioritise my order and try to get it out for me within the week - sound familiar? This was the 6th September.

...fast forward to 20th October, and there is still no sign of the cover and Shaun isn't responding to my e-mails. I've filed a Paypal claim and he has not written to me personally but has entered 'tracking details' for my parcel, a DHL tracking number which does not exist on DHL's system. I hope Paypal have the good sense to notice this is an illegitimate tracking number and refund me that 40 quid I paid for the cover, which I am 99% sure has never been made and I will never receive.

I checked out Google for other people's experiences with Silverstone and discovered I'm not the only one who has been messed around by Shaun. I think next time I'll be trying Roqsolid or Hot Covers. I'd recommend not going anywhere near this company, despite their product being well-made - it's too much of a lottery dealing with such an unreliable guy.

when i first got my mb450 head his site stated they already made covers for it so i placed an order.two weeks later a cover for a marshall guitar amp arrived so i contacted him and was told they didnt make a cover for my amp but he would give it a go if i sent him all the mesurments.it took another 3 weeks of emails before i got the cover.he did make a good job of it but it was to much of a faff dealing with them