Why become a member? ×

Pedulla Pentabuzz now NOT for sale

SisterAbdullahX

My gorgeous Pedulla Pentabuzz bass is up for grabs. I love it to death, but really can't justify having it as it isn't getting used in anger. The occasional 10 minute noodle in the spare room isn't what a bass like this deserves.

It's a AAAAA flame maple body, string spacing is 19mm. The poly finish on the fingerboard was removed by a previous owner, but this isn't to the detrement of the bass at all. Anyone who's ever played a Pentabuzz will attest to the oceans of lovely mwah that you can get out of these things, and this one is no different, even without the poly finish. Some would say that the bare fingerboard actually makes it sound better, obviously a matter of personal taste. I contacted John Shuker with regard to getting the poly finish redone and he told me it would cost around £150.

I got it off Shockwave in a trade about 6 months ago and have gigged it only a handful of times. It's in excellent condition, only a couple of minor bumps which I'll try to take pictures of if anyone is interested. The fingerboard has only the tiniest amount of wear, barely any at all in fact. The gold hardware has tarnished a bit, but gold hardware always does after a few years. My honest opinion is that it is 9.5 out of 10. It plays like butter, beautiful low action, balances perfectly, is fairly light and sounds just awesome, the balance over the 5 strings is perfect with each string being equally loud.

As I said, I got it in a trade from Shockwave, had to part with 2 lovely/interesting basses to get it and a bit of cash. In total the value of the trade was £1350. It's in exactly the same condition as it was when I got it, and I'll only let it go if I get the £1350 it cost me. To buy new would set you back in the region of £2800, so I think what I'm asking is a fair price. I wouldn't want to post something as beautiful as this, so pickup would be the prefered method or the buyer could arrange a courier. I'm happy to let anyone try it out at my house (South Yorkshire).

Finally, I'm not interested in any trades whatsoever. This is strictly a cash sale.

Edited by SisterAbdullahX

Can't believe there's no interest in this beauty BUMP!

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='995304' date='Oct 20 2010, 08:56 PM']My gorgeous Pedulla Pentabuzz bass is up for grabs. I love it to death, but really can't justify having it as it isn't getting used in anger. The occasional 10 minute noodle in the spare room isn't what a bass like this deserves.

It's a AAAAA flame maple body, string spacing is 19mm. The poly finish on the fingerboard was removed by a previous owner, but this isn't to the detrement of the bass at all. Anyone who's ever played a Pentabuzz will attest to the oceans of lovely mwah that you can get out of these things, and this one is no different, even without the poly finish. Some would say that the bare fingerboard actually makes it sound better, obviously a matter of personal taste. I contacted John Shuker with regard to getting the poly finish redone and he told me it would cost around £150.

I got it off Shockwave in a trade about 6 months ago and have gigged it only a handful of times. It's in excellent condition, only a couple of minor bumps which I'll try to take pictures of if anyone is interested. The fingerboard has only the tiniest amount of wear, barely any at all in fact. The gold hardware has tarnished a bit, but gold hardware always does after a few years. My honest opinion is that it is 9.5 out of 10. It plays like butter, beautiful low action, balances perfectly, is fairly light and sounds just awesome, the balance over the 5 strings is perfect with each string being equally loud.

As I said, I got it in a trade from Shockwave, had to part with 2 lovely/interesting basses to get it and a bit of cash. In total the value of the trade was £1350. It's in exactly the same condition as it was when I got it, and I'll only let it go if I get the £1350 it cost me. To buy new would set you back in the region of £2800, so I think what I'm asking is a fair price. I wouldn't want to post something as beautiful as this, so pickup would be the prefered method or the buyer could arrange a courier. I'm happy to let anyone try it out at my house (South Yorkshire).

Finally, I'm not interested in any trades whatsoever. This is strictly a cash sale.[/quote]

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='995304' date='Oct 20 2010, 08:56 PM']My gorgeous Pedulla Pentabuzz bass is up for grabs. I love it to death, but really can't justify having it as it isn't getting used in anger. The occasional 10 minute noodle in the spare room isn't what a bass like this deserves.

Finally, I'm not interested in any trades whatsoever. This is strictly a cash sale.[/quote]

BUMP!! Still up for grabs. Can't believe only 2 replies for what is widely considered to be one of the finest fretlesses money can buy! These things don't come along everyday!!

These are great basses..I have a Pedulla buzz and it sounds amazing to me..
If I would be more into five-string basses (still struggling a bit with the Roscoe Beck 5 I just bought around here :-)) I would surely buy this one..A similar one sold on ebay last week for 1900 euros so this is a killer price..
Good luck with the sale..

[quote name='wombatboter' post='1001991' date='Oct 27 2010, 07:51 AM']These are great basses..I have a Pedulla buzz and it sounds amazing to me..
If I would be more into five-string basses (still struggling a bit with the Roscoe Beck 5 I just bought around here :-)) I would surely buy this one..A similar one sold on ebay last week for 1900 euros so this is a killer price..
Good luck with the sale..[/quote]
Cheers fella. It really is a beautiful instrument. eBay it is then!

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' post='1008846' date='Nov 1 2010, 06:44 PM']my god im in love!!!im looking for a five strings fretless, pedulla on the wish list, but i need to shift at least one bass
why are you selling it? :)[/quote]

Mate I've had moment of clarity and decided to withdraw the Ped from sale. Watch this space though cos you never know when things might change. Cheers for the interest.

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='1009713' date='Nov 2 2010, 03:54 PM']Mate I've had moment of clarity and decided to withdraw the Ped from sale. Watch this space though cos you never know when things might change. Cheers for the interest.[/quote]

Oh goody :)

Low, i know. But, i didn't want anyone else to have it. :)