Why become a member? ×

Gold Script on Jazz Type Pickups

AndyTravis

Just bought an Early 90's Ken Smith Burner, and the 'Ken Smith' Logo on the pickups has been worn away.

Also, on the back plate it looks to be worn where it should say 'Ken Smith Basses Ltd'

I hat a similar problem with my old Warwick Corvette where 'Dynamic Correction' and 'MEC' had started to wear.

Can this gold paint be reistated, as the rest of this Ken Smith is totally mint, and it seems a shame to have this playing wear.

I'm not usually this Anally retentive about things, but i've paid top-ish Dollar for this bass, and with the rest being so tidy, i'd like to see it rejuvinated, this is going to be my only bass, and hopefully a keeper.

I've e-mailed Ken Smith...

'I have no idea about the plates or gold script. All of that came in from Japan decades ago and have no clue how they did it, sorry.'

In fairness to him, he responded straight away on the two questions i asked him. Seems like he's a busy guy without much room for pleasantries, but does sign off with 'thank you'.

Any ideas?

Trav

Edited by AndyTravis

will see when i get the bass, if there is an indentation for the script, can see that being too difficult, whereas if it's just painted on top, may be problematic.

It might get to me, and i forget all about it, just wanted to gauge opinion,

Cheers though, good thinking.

[quote name='KiOgon' post='993788' date='Oct 19 2010, 05:19 PM']These are good - [url="http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/edding_751_Paint_Marker.html"]Edding 751[/url] - very good, probably at your local Art shop.

Cheerz, John[/quote]

Just cut the end to a sharp point!