Why become a member? ×

ampeg 4 pro

Bucket Head

[quote name='Bucket Head' post='991142' date='Oct 17 2010, 02:37 PM']hi guys, thinking about buying a 4 pro and was wondering what u lot recon the 2nd hand value of one of these is? also iveheard that you cant replace that speakon cable if u loose it and that its the oneway to bridge it to full power? is that true?

cheers guys[/quote]
Hi, Not sure really on the 2nd values however these are good deals with a warranty:

[url="http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT4PRO-Bass-Guitar-Amp-Head.html"]http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT4PRO-B...r-Amp-Head.html[/url]

Great versatile amps, weigh a ton & a half, not sure they're as loud as Ampeg claim but the sound is totally worth it for a good warm Ampeg sound - i love mine.

I also made my own Ampeg bridge cable up - see here (half way in) [url="http://www.ampeg.com/faq.html"]http://www.ampeg.com/faq.html[/url]

Good luck :)

[quote name='Bucket Head' post='991142' date='Oct 17 2010, 02:37 PM']hi guys, thinking about buying a 4 pro and was wondering what u lot recon the 2nd hand value of one of these is? also iveheard that you cant replace that speakon cable if u loose it and that its the oneway to bridge it to full power? is that true?

cheers guys[/quote]

They've sold for varying prices here on BassChat. I'd have a lil search through of the For Sale threads for a guide. IIRC (without looking) I;d say somewhere between 650 - 800 notes?

As for the bridge cable - yes, as Rasta says, they are dead easy to make / have made.

If i need to use my full rig, which is rare, i use two SVT 4x10 HLF cabs, it is insanely dub heavy (as well as physically) and no need for a fan to cool me on stage with the amount of air this setup shifts :lol: .
However i have only used the full rig 3-4 times in the last year - i find one 4x10 is more than often enough for pubs, clubs and most festivals. I use the 4x10's on seperate channels of the amp - it is cookin' loud...but perfectly right for my 3 note sound system style bass belly pumpin vibe - i like to feel it too :)

[quote name='dood' post='991834' date='Oct 18 2010, 12:04 AM']Stag has an SVT 5 pro, bridged in to an SVT 610. Hopefully he will be along soon to tell us how structural engineers have banned him from turning it up about 3 on the dial.[/quote]

did someone call? :)

Yes, bridged mode works lovely. 1350w into my SVT610. Extremely, extremely loud if required. Its never been above 1 in the house for fear of destroying my terraced street entirely in a domino effect disaster. Sometimes my internal organs stop working if I stand too close to it at a gig, but thats half the fun. In fact, at my last gig, I quote this text from a friend

[quote][i]AAAAAAGHHHH the stag bass is making my pants disintegrate[/i][/quote]

:lol:

obbm can sort you out with a cable should you not have one... his cables are proper thick as well :)

:)

I use my SVT 4 Pro Monobridged into a Bengantino NV610 and couldn't be happier!
In my opinion the 4 Pro is a great amp despite of what many people have said about them...I had one sold it, tried a few different brands and went back Ampeg so this is my second one and I'm not changing it for anything.

The cable, as others have said, is dead simple to make.