Why become a member? ×

Greetings!

webby

Hi,

I'm new here, and more to the point, I'm pretty new to bass playing and bass gear despite having owned a bass for 20 years! Read on.....

I have an Aria Pro 2 SLB-2 Bass, bought around 1990/91. White, with a rosewood fretboard, and a maple neck (I think). I also have a Peavey TNT150 amp.

I bought it when I was about 20 and decided that I wanted to play bass. After a few years of trying to learn my fave basslines, I moved over to guitar cos I wanted to play chords and sing along too. Did some acoustic gigs and rehearsed with a band but nothing serious. More recently, I've been rehearsing with a band with my acoustic guitar but not enjoying it that much. I then found an advert for a U2 tribute act looking for a bassist. U2 are one of my favourite bands and I thought what the hell, I'll reply to the ad. I'd barely touched the bass until I saw that ad. So, I dug it out, cleaned it up and put some new strings on it and started practising.

I've had one rehearsal with the U2 band and we played 11 tracks straight through. I'd only practised at home for a couple of weeks so I was pretty pleased.

I'd like to ask some questions about upgrading my bass, so I'll do that in the correct area.

Cheers,

Webby

[quote name='webby' post='982973' date='Oct 9 2010, 11:46 PM']I'd like to ask some questions about upgrading my bass, so I'll do that in the correct area.

Cheers,

Webby[/quote]

Don't do it! It's a never-ending cycle once you start. Look at your Bank Account-it'll never have that much money in, ever again....... :)

Aside from that, Welcome to the Forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these basses as I'd like to sell it now, but I've no idea what its worth or what it would compare to nowadays. For the record, I would like to replace it with something like a Squier Custom Vibe 60's P bass which, I feel, would be a big improvement, but truth be told, I don't really know.

All I do know is that the Aria bass cost me around £200 brand new in '90/'91.