Why become a member? ×

95 warwick thumb 6 walnut body, Now sold !

littleal

I've just recieved my new wal sixer so its time to let my trusty warwick go,

It's one of the first bolt on neck thumbs with the smaller walnut body, wenge neck & slightly warmer tone.
the condition is exellent apart from very slight wear around one of the pickups from playing.

Idealy i'm looking for a trade for a yamaha trb john pattitucci 6 string, or something interesting ??

or £1000 + postage

just a quick note: this is a rare bass & is the only one i've ever seen in the flesh.

Edited by littleal

[quote name='Emanew' post='982074' date='Oct 8 2010, 10:03 PM']Hi littleal,
I saw you on YouTube playing this wonderful Beast... Thumb Beast !
It sounds beautiful and sharp.[/quote]

Thank you for that :)

It does sound sweet & definately has a different tone to the newer ones.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='982401' date='Oct 9 2010, 11:14 AM']Gorgeous. Unusual to see one with Silver hardware is it not?

Does this have the tight 16.5-17mm strif spacing like the current ones, or is it wider?

Shep[/quote]

Cheers, the early ones all had chrome hardware, it has standard string spacing 16-17 mm, i think the small body makes the neck look wider :)

Al

[quote name='slapierro' post='990392' date='Oct 16 2010, 05:23 PM']hi littleal,
don't you think it's an Ovenkol body and a broad-neck too?
it seems very similar as one i've owned
it's not for boring you :)[/quote]

I've had a few people ask me if it's a broadneck but it's an early bolt on with a smaller body than the later ones & thats why the neck looks wider, definately european walnut body as was specified for the year, it sounds much warmer than the bubinga or ovankol :lol:

Al

[quote name='max' post='990849' date='Oct 17 2010, 06:27 AM']Any chance of a link to the video clips ?

Thanks[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words Ziggy :lol:

This is the youtube clip
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHjPz9Exqs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHjPz9Exqs[/url]

I thought the sound was a bit rough as it was only the mic on my camera that was picking up the sound from my amp & it was my first attempt at youtube :)