Why become a member? ×

Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's

LemonCello

Used them quite a few times in the past. As bobbass4k said, they are decent enough for the money, but they do seem to go off rather quickly. I've had one set where the E string was rather dull out the packet, and another set where the A string had a wierd piano like tone to it, and way brighter than the other three. To me, they have a much nicer feel than Roto's though.

:)

Feel nice and with an aggressive top end, but this doesn't last for a huge amount of time and they probably lack a bit in the mids which makes them sound very dead when they are gone. Were my favoured string until I switched to DR black beauties, although I didn't compare to a huge number of brands.

Decent enough strings. I have had been using them on the Sadowsky for all my gigs this year. For about £18 they do the job , nothing special but I find that they last about as long as the D'addario prosteels I using before, sound about as good, and are cheaper as well.

The set I tried were rough as hell, and died really quickly.
Better than Rotos or Warwick Reds
Elites are a reasonable choice.
Elixirs are good for durability and smoothness, but not everyone likes the tone.
I'm currently favouring DR Fatbeams or Sunbeams.

Haven't tried D'Addarios, La Bella, GHS or TI etc.... Yet.