Why become a member? ×

Octavius Squeezer - where in the UK do I buy one?

Sean

Looking around at multi-fx units and not really seeing anything I like, the Octavius Squeezer looks like a great Swiss Army knife for my needs. I use filters, octaves, fuzz, always love synth sounds and have recently been asked to do some muse songs; Starlight, Uprising and another I can't remember the name of at the moment.

Anyone know who stocks them? - Google hasn't turned up anything.

Anyone using one to do Muse stuff?

Thanks

Sean

Edited by Sean

Give Mark @ Hot Rox a shout - [url="http://www.hotroxuk.com/"]http://www.hotroxuk.com/[/url]

He deal with Chunk. If he doesn't have one in stock he'll get one.

The pedal is great. One of the best synth/fuzz pedals out there. Very versatile. Just be prepared to sit with it and programme to get the exact sounds your after!

I think I'm the only person that has had a bad experience with them..

Bought a mini qtron from them in 2006, and asked if I could return it as it wasn't suitable for me. So they asked me to send it back, which I did. Time passed, no refund so emailed them asking what was going on. They told me they had not received it, and asked for a tracking number, which I did not have (I was not told to send it recorded but looking back that was daft of me). Told them this, they said nothing much we can do but we will try and sort something out. Emailed several times following that, never got another reply and, of course, no refund. Obviously I know I should have sent it recorded, but i have a pretty low opinion of how they handled it, and I remember at the time even thinking that they had received it and knew it did not have a tracking number so decided to steal £60 off me, although I now realise that is a pretty controversial accusation as nobody else seems to have had a problem.

Fairly pointless rant really...

For Uprising you'd need a fuzz and an octaver, mixed. The Octavius Squeezer wouldn't do that reliably.

For Starlight you just need a fuzz and a BP filter (maybe don't even need the filter depending on the character of the distortion). The Squeezer could do that, but it seems like a lot of money to spend for such a simple sound.

I really like my Squeezer and I get a lot of use out of it, but mostly as a programmable filter and a gated fuzz, I don't really use the oscillator side of things much because the tracking isn't reliable enough on faster material.

If you want the oscillator sounds I would look at a different pedal, unless/until Chunk improve the tracking. But I wouldn't hold your breath it's been 18 months or so since I last heard that they were working on it.

[quote name='Sean' post='977261' date='Oct 4 2010, 03:55 PM']Cheers for the heads up on that.

What about those Muse sounds? Is it capable of doing a soundalike?[/quote]

Hi Sean

Sent you a PM about my Oct. Sq. please let me know if you interested.

In relation to Muse sounds, yes I think it can do those plus many more but you will have to spend time to program them. The guy in Muse uses the AKAI bass synth pedal.

On request we can get the Octavius Squeezer. However, as has been noted, it's a lot of money for a pedal and you may be able to achieve what you need at a lower price. Feel free to pop into the shop and try out some options. It's fairly easy to get close to Muse sounds but to replicate it exactly (which even the Octavius won't do) will cost many thousands!