Why become a member? ×

USA Fender Precision Bass £525 NOW SOLD

Cat Burrito

I've been downsizing recently and I've decided to get rid of my 2006 60th Anniversary American Fender Precision bass. Ultimately it's an American P-bass so I'll [b]try[/b] and avoid the usual selling cliches and just give you some facts (no promises though!).

I bought it from new from Dawson's in Reading and it has actually only been gigged once, and that was just at an open mic night. I wanted to keep this for recording & I've used it on my bands new unreleased album. Currently it is strung with rotosound trubass black nylons but I have some standard gauge (new) Rotosound roundwounds 45-105 that I can put on as a more traditional alternative if you wish prior to shipping. It was sold with an off white scratchplate which I replaced with a Fender USA replacement - however I will include the original too. Fender were going through their S1 switching phase at this time and I was not a fan. So it currently has a Wizard pickup in it and no S1 switching. However again I have kept the original AV 62RI pickup and the S1 switching so you can flip it back to stock if the mood takes you. I've taken some rubbish phone snaps tonight but I found some earlier shots with the original pickguard too. The downside to the sale is that I'm keeping the original case. I've used it consistantly since buying to transport my other basses and it's customised beyond the point of resale! :) I will however ship this with a hard case though. The case is really just to protect it from Royal Mail and not to be seen as any sort of deal clincher. It's UK only and shipping is included in the [b]£575[/b] asking price. Paypal is best for me

Condition wise, it's in good condition as I wasn't gigging it heavily. The original pickguard has the plastic film on it but the current one has two small drill holes where an ashtray cover went over the bridge. The neck is straight and the body has no knocks or dinks. The orange is called Sunset Orange Transparent so the wood shows through.

Here is a youtube clip of the bass in a session I did a few months ago. I'm not looking for comments on the song (not my band) or even a critic of my playing (I really don't want that!) but it shows that this sounds as you'd expect a P-bass to sound. Oh & for the record I too struggle with the text in the YouTube clip but it was a session for a mate and not my band!

My feedback is in the link below. I know there is a recession but I reckon this is priced fairly. If it doesn't shift in a few days this will be listed on EBay so I don't expect it to be here in a few weeks.

Edited by BurritoBass

Hi Tim,
I thought this would have sold overnight :) I've been giving it serious amounts of thought - I love the sunset orange over Ash but I really want an all maple neck to go with.

Best of luck with the sale, bargain price, I hope there's a 'basschatter' ready to buy this before the dreaded evilbay.

Cheerz, John
Have a bump!

Cheers John - I think in the current climate things are selling but people take a bit longer to decide. I'm in no hurry but will be looking to get rid of it during October.

Oh & I missed off, I'm not really looking for trades. I tend to play P-basses only but could consider a nice Jazz IF it has a chunkier neck (or ideally an old Jazz with a 70s P-bass neck on it!)

• 1 month later...

This is such a gorgeous instrument. I recorded my bands album entirely with an identical bass through a vintage SVT (check out a few songs here: www.myspace.com/tenfourandout) and to me it sounded perfect. I think I might have to buy this if I can shift my Aguilar AG500!!