Why become a member? ×

Anyone use Samplitude? Need help.

leschirons

Anyone here use Samplitude. A friend of mine has bought this home studio package (version 14) and has also purchased from Ebay, a couple of disks full of Roland sounds. She tells me that the program has no option for importing the patches, only for using the built in ones.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='971900' date='Sep 29 2010, 04:24 PM']Could she not just use some sort of VST plugin to play the sounds or something?[/quote]

I did suggest that there may be a plug-in of some sort to enable this but she, or I, are not really up on all this. I have no knowledge of home recording and she wants to create backing tracks to sing over.

I'll pass on your suggestion and hope she knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your time and suggestion.

What are the names of the roland file extensions,ie what type of file are they,if i know this i may have some sort of wrapper which will convert the roland patchs into wav files which can just be opened into different tracks on samplitude as would an ordinary wav file..PM me if needs be

[quote name='YouMa' post='971951' date='Sep 29 2010, 06:13 PM']What are the names of the roland file extensions,ie what type of file are they,if i know this i may have some sort of wrapper which will convert the roland patchs into wav files which can just be opened into different tracks on samplitude as would an ordinary wav file..PM me if needs be[/quote]

If we're talking about virtual instrument type stuff then that might be a bit of a bugger to start inputting into your track, believe me, i know...

If they are VSTi's:

Hit 'Y' key to bring up setup page, navigate to 'VST Path' (not sure exactly where this is, maybe MIDI section?). Check the location of the VST folder.

Make sure to install your VST's to the same folder.

Restart Samplitude, hit 'M' for mixer.

Use one of the drop down buttons on the channel to view available plugins, hopefully your instrument will show up there.

*EDIT* If not VSTi's, will need to know what exactly the Roland files are to tell you if it is possible.

Edited by PapillonIrl

I have a bit more info now. She's importing free Karaoke MIDI files from a site and then hoping to change the usual crappy GM sounds for better patches. She says the software "wants" to look for VST files and her Roland patches are WAV. So, guys and gals, where does put us now?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='leschirons' post='972178' date='Sep 29 2010, 10:50 PM']I have a bit more info now. She's importing free Karaoke MIDI files from a site and then hoping to change the usual crappy GM sounds for better patches. She says the software "wants" to look for VST files and her Roland patches are WAV. So, guys and gals, where does put us now?[/quote]

What she needs is a WAV based VST Sampler plugin, which she can load into a channel in Samplitude, and then load the WAV sample(s) into that.

A quick google search ( free WAV based sampler VST ) throws up this:

[url="http://www.kvraudio.com/get/196.html"]http://www.kvraudio.com/get/196.html[/url]

Apart from using a sampler [any one for that matter] you might have to map the samples.
If you are after turning midi into good usable sounds other than the GM canvas sounds,
Try some of the many free synths and Romplers about on the net.There is some greats ones on the pinned thread in the recording section.
If you can get hold of the Computor Music mag, every month there is a free DVD loaded up with great synths,Drum synths, samplers and some great
sounding patches to go into their sampler.The patches sound pretty authentic for the traditonal instruments.
You would also be able to load your Roland wavs into their sampler.
Well worth a look that mag.

Or a ton of free VSTi's here.
[url="http://www.vst4free.com"]http://www.vst4free.com[/url]

Garry

Edited by lowdown