Why become a member? ×

Where are the Precision copies?!

sgt-pluck

Celinder probably do the best one, but despite what people have said to me when iv said this before, i just cannot imagine whatsover that they would be worth all that money. end of the day, its a p bass!

[quote name='rockinrayduke' post='110761' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:47 AM']And the old BB series Yamaha Basses, the BB300 and such, great "P"basses.[/quote]

This thread has got me aching to get my BB300 back in one piece again.

Arguably one of the best P-bass clones

The Ibanez Roadstar currently on eBay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130247741942&Category=4713&_trksid=p3907.m29"]here[/url]

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='BassManKev' post='266935' date='Aug 21 2008, 11:02 AM']Celinder probably do the best one, but despite what people have said to me when iv said this before, i just cannot imagine whatsover that they would be worth all that money. end of the day, its a p bass![/quote]
Anyone know what the approx 'street' price is on a passive Celinder P bass?
I had a look at the Celinder website but there ain't no pictures, specs, etc on there just a home page!

Anyone on here got a Lakland USA Bob Glaub?

The Mexican Fender Precision is a great value bass and does the classic P sound very well (you'd hope so given the name on the headstock!) & they're a snip second hand. There's a mint electron blue one on the for sale forums here for £250. Make sure you try the new 2008 American Standard, though. They're very good & have a little something extra to the sound. Difficult to explain, but you'll hear it when you play one.

As for copies, the Laklands seem to be the most popular at the moment. The candy apple red Duck Dunn signature is particularly fetching.