Why become a member? ×

TOKAI ROCKINBETTER WITH RICK HARDWARE. **ON HOLD**

tom1946

Taken from Karlfer's original advert that I bought it from:

"So, its a Tokai Rockinbetter (although there does not seem to be any proof Tokai make them).
Real Rick pick ups, bridge/tailpiece and wiring.
Since buying it, I asked Richard Tomson of Tomson Guitars (Wigan) to cut a new nut, as the original was not great. It has had new strings and a full set up."

This bass is totally immaculate apart from a scratch on the pickup cover. I paid £500 for it and I can't get on with it at all. I even bought a 'real' Rick and it felt exactly the same so I'm selling.

I'd like £425 delivered which, considering there is about £400 worth of Ric stuff on it is a very good deal!
If you're on a budget then this is really as close as you'll get to the real thing.

Part ex for a USA Jazz with cash from me??

Thanks for looking.

Edited by tom1946

[quote name='tom1946' post='969876' date='Sep 27 2010, 07:07 PM']Bump.[/quote]
Come on guys .....you lot are always looking for fakers.... well heres one thats halfway decent,and Toms a top fella and his instruments are always top condition,I know this from experience....

Good Luck Tom

Tom bought this off me.
It's a superb copy with authentic hardware and I only sold it to get a P for what was a depping job(that appears now to be permanent :) :lol: :))
Having dealt with Tom twice, I would guess it's even better than it was when he got it.
Might not be a vintage Ibby, but at that price, IMO you will be very hard pushed to get anything better in this genre.

Karl.

[quote name='jbarks' post='974977' date='Oct 2 2010, 01:32 PM']Hardcase or gig bag?[/quote]

Either, whatever you prefer :)

It didn't come with anything but I'll throw one in.

Edited by tom1946

[quote name='tom1946' post='984392' date='Oct 11 2010, 01:25 PM']Thanks for that, it's on hold for the moment.[/quote]

If this falls through, please let me know!