Why become a member? ×

Hey fellow bassists

Cliff Burton

Hey guys and girls

I'm really poor with introductions so I hope you don't get to bored reading this :).

Right well i'm a student from Chichester college in west sussex, i'm 17 and i'm studying 1st diploma in music and I must say this site looks great guys :huh:.
The course consists of Band rehearsals (every day) Muisc Business (once a week) Sequencing (keyboards + midi, such fun lol) and workshop (once a week where all different players learn a song.

Anyway more to the point, my gear consists of a 75 Watt Laney "session 75 Bassman", a Tanglewood Rebel 4K with Rotosound strings and a Jim Dunlop Guitar Wah (at the time the bass wah was to pricey)

Well anything else I can say to introduce myself please, do tell.
Thanks
Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paul, the' post='110408' date='Dec 29 2007, 12:54 AM']Welcome Alex!

That College course sounds a lot of fun. I bet you learn a lot and quickly.

What style of music gives you the biggest smile to jam?

cheers,

paul.[/quote]

The college is great fun yeah but we've not been taught some critical skills such as What strings I should buy for what style of music I play, how to hear by ear and how to set up amps effectively.
All these different things.
Although I must say theory wise it's not going to badly, learnt some Major triads, Major Pentatonics, Blues scale and a few more.

Alex