Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Ibanez AM73B - Pre eBay PRICE DROP

In a rush of blood I bought this from a fellow band member when he bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio and decided to move it on. It has sat here doing nowt ever since. Daft really, as I rarely pick up a guitar and, when I do, use one of my JapCrap models so I thought I'd sell it on. And, well, you know, maybe buy another bass....

[url="http://www.ibanez.com/HollowBodyGuitars/model-AM73B"]Here is a link [/url] to the Ibanez webpage about them and here is an image nicked from the site:

Anyway, this is pretty well spotless. It looks and plays like a dream - nice low action and a fast neck. Sound-wise it does a lot of things but mainly it is like a Gibson 335 - it overdrives nicely and sounds really meaty when pushed. Nice sexy cool looking guitar for someone who wants something a little different from the herd.

I think production of this model has stopped but Reidy's have them still for £269. This one comes with a fitted Gator hardcase that is a bit like the Gibson Les Paul ones. Can't find the exact model but it must have cost over £50.

Actual pics to follow.

Looking for [s]£180[/s] [color="#FF0000"]NOW [s]£150[/s]a ridiculous £140 [/color] collected from SE Essex, another £20 to post it ParcelForce 48.

Edited by Paul S

Pics.
[attachment=59325:Ibi1.jpg] [attachment=59326:Ibi2.jpg][attachment=59327:Ibi3.jpg][attachment=59328:Ibi4.jpg][attachment=59329:I
bi5.jpg][attachment=59330:Ibi6.jpg][attachment=59331:Ibi7.jpg]

Very slight buckle rash, a little marking on the headstock and a slight scuff on the f hole (ooh matron etc...)
[attachment=59332:Ibi8.jpg][attachment=59333:Ibi9.jpg][attachment=59334:Ibi10.jpg]

Bump for a ridiculous price drop - I really do want shot of this. A very good quality instrument, very rock and roll yet different to your average axe. It can sound bluesy but also distorts and overdrives for hard rock sounds. Sustains for ever.

£150 collected, £170 posted.

I am away for a week as of the crack of dawn Monday, BTW.

Edited by Paul S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mick

Yes, still available. Sounds - a bit like a Gibson 335. More like a Gibson 335 than you'd expect for the money, anyway! Good sustain - great sound for blues and, when pushed, rock. Not really a jazzy hollow body. You can select neck/bridge/both pups with volume and tone for each pup, too. You are welcome to come a try it.

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Paul S' post='1005591' date='Oct 29 2010, 06:34 PM']Still here, in it's case, not being played, waiting to be loved....[/quote]
If your looking in these are an extremely well built instrument that just require a pickup upgrade to make peferfect..I suggest SD antiquities,,,,and for around £250 all in you have a great guitar that will give a 330 a run for its money...
Unfortunately for the seller I already have one

Buy it Now :)

Thanks for the endorsement, tino. Yes, it is a good guitar for sure. Sexy beast in the flesh, too.

I've had a few offers of trades for various things - just a mention that I am not really in the market for any instruments.

But I have a list of stuff I am considering buying so would welcome trades with cash either way depending, for:
- Zoom H2, H4 or Q3
- John East P-Retro
- a hot P-type pickup or two.
- Hipshot GB7 in chrome
- Hipshot BT10 in chrome (assuming that is the one for a Jaguar bass)

Probably worth mentioning just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, absolute bargain - great quality bit of kit for secondhand Squier money! I am making a slight loss on it and bought it at mate's rates in the first place but, well, I want to shift it really. Anyway, now on hold pending the usual.

• 1 year later...