Why become a member? ×

Amp for guitar and Bass

lowlandtrees

I am and old newbeee. Been playing guitar most of my life. Just took up bass to do some home recording a couple of years ago. As you know recording is a money-eater. I have been putting the bass straight into the recorder (am changing from Akai DPS16 to Focusrite pro computer audio interface). I want better results and was wondering about micing an amp. I don't want the expense of 2 good amps so was thinking about a bass combo that I could play my guitar through as well. I use Tokai strat and a Fernandez (humbuck pups). My bass is a EBMM SUB. Have some pretty good mics.

I used to use a Fender '59 Bassman reissue (tweed covering, 4x10") for both guitar and bass, to my ears it was the best sounding amp I've ever had (and I've had quite a few). It was not too heavy to carry and lots of people commented on how good bass sounds through it.
Like an idiot I swapped it for a Mesa Boogie mark IV and have regretted it ever since. I'm still on the lookout for another one.

[quote name='lowlandtrees' post='961855' date='Sep 20 2010, 09:21 AM']I am and old newbeee. Been playing guitar most of my life. Just took up bass to do some home recording a couple of years ago. As you know recording is a money-eater. I have been putting the bass straight into the recorder (am changing from Akai DPS16 to Focusrite pro computer audio interface). I want better results and was wondering about micing an amp. I don't want the expense of 2 good amps so was thinking about a bass combo that I could play my guitar through as well. I use Tokai strat and a Fernandez (humbuck pups). My bass is a EBMM SUB. Have some pretty good mics.[/quote]
Im currently using my sons Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout combo :) with a Heritage H 575 but Ive also put my t-line through & both sound very nice with a twiddle here & there ....the H575 has the edge though...

Danny I apologise profusely...NOT...yer shoulda sold the bugger before you went :rolleyes: