Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage One from 1991 FS/FT

LukeFRC

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE!!!!

This thread originally had a valenti in it too, now sold.... so if you're reading something that seems to be talking about a different bass, that's why

[font=Arial Black]Warwick Streamer Stage One 1991[/font]

This bass feels amazing, the feel, the lightness, the woody feel everything. I love it- except the tone... I've played about with it, sorted the setup out and it has that classic warwick tone- and it just doesn't suit me!

It's an early one, this is a good thing, made 1991.
Super thin skinny neck. Jazz type width, slightly thicker than a P bass neck.... this is a slim fast neck, and stays thin all the way down- none of these supposed clubby necks at this vintage
According to the bathroom scales I make it 3.5kg or under 8lb.
I have a tub of bee's wax polish you can have and a warwick gigbag.

The bad points are is it's been well played for 19 years, has the odd scar and rubbed in dark patch- see photos, I prefer that played in feel, other folk want a pristine bass. This isn't pristine, but nither is it abused.
Having been played there is fretwear. I don't need a refret for my playing, you may do. The gallery in camden quoted me £130, for a refret if you think it needs done.

So back up after 6 months and 3 basses later I think this may have to go... trade for some kind of Jazz bass, jazz bass and cash, or before when it was up for sale I was getting offers for around £1000

more photos a post or two down...

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='960468' date='Sep 18 2010, 03:23 PM']actually to save time, I would prefer a sale if someone wants this to play.
trades wise fender american vintage series RI jazz, 62 or 75, or something similar would interest me;

I'm not quite sure how to explain how I don't want or need to sell this but think it should be getting played rather than sitting under my bed which is why I'm offering it here.

:)[/quote]

Would you be interested in a USA Deluxe Jazz FMT ?

[quote name='Linus27' post='962672' date='Sep 20 2010, 08:17 PM']That Streamer is totally beautiful. Stunning. If I had no basses now and was buying from new I would have it. Simply beautiful and all the reasons why I adore the look of Warwick's.

Have a bump on me.[/quote]

thank you. It is very pretty, I went in a guitar shop in edinburgh today, they had a bolt on neck corvette warwick for £1100.
This is better built I think, through neck, amazing-ness for less than that!

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='962840' date='Sep 20 2010, 11:26 PM']can I ask you to give more detail on why it didn't feel right? I understand that it cost a fair bit, but it never stopped me :)

I have a sadowsky metro and the action is amazing! really easy to play! what's the Valenti like in terms of action and playability!?[/quote]

Sure....

I got the bass to see if it was the answer to a bass itch I have had in the back of my head for a long time.

I have a P bass that sounds amazing and is brilliant and I couldn't find a better one untill I spend silly money for something from the 50's.
However for my main gig recently, which is church, the fat middy sound of it has tended to be a bit much, with the bridge pickup of the warwick it sat in the mix a bit better, there was a bit of extra clarity. However I much prefer the passive tone of the P bass to the active sound, that given I had the inkling in my head that a Jazz was the way to go. So when this popped up, having seen it on here before I jumped at it. Not only is it a brilliant bass but it was (is) at a very good price.
It turned up and it is almost perfect, not even buckle rash on the back.
The tone is amazing and answered my question, yes a Jazz is what I am looking for. The pre-amp is really good, even though I don't go for the active sound it is really sensitive and powerfull (18v). So that answered, I stuck my AMAZING warwick up on here for sale.

After a few days longer something dawned on me, I had bought a great bass, I mean great. It challenges me to play differently, it's fun and fast to play and very musical.
But I felt really uncomfortable playing such a nice, and such a perfect condition bass- super sadowsky super jazzes and the like have never really interested me, I like workhorses. I also find preamps annoying. If I was being really picky I don't like the gold text on the headstock either, but thats me being and artist/designer.

All that being given I thought it better if I see if someone else on here fancies an amazing bass for a great price and I find a passive fender.
I also want to cure my GAS, if I'm trying to slim these two basses into one bass, then the jazz has to be a keeper.
For me this isn't it, but then neither would any super jazz or figured tabletop type basses, each to their own! But I've learned that now, so having this bass for a wee while is a good thing (and it's not the end of the world if I canne shift it, but at the price I bought it at I think it will go)

As for action.... I usually play with thick strings and a highish action. This is still set up with thin strings and a low action, how low can it go? You would be best asking one of the former owners, probably very very low.

Search the net, esp talkbass for more info about valenti, what I read seemed to stick them slightly below NYC sadowsky for quality but at a much lower price (esp in the case of this one)

The Warwick on the other hand, if no one makes me a good offer, I don't mind keeping as I'll still play it. Thats not to say I wouldn't like a good offer.

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='962853' date='Sep 20 2010, 11:59 PM']an awesome reply to my question! thanks :)

I want this one and the other one up for sale haha ... but my other half wouldn't be impressed!![/quote]

well you could get the silver one and pretend you just moved some pickups on the flea.... or you could buy my one and tell her how you saved a few hundred and are being more honest through not making up stuff about moving pickups on a flea bass?

:rolleyes:

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='963069' date='Sep 21 2010, 10:30 AM']well you could get the silver one and pretend you just moved some pickups on the flea.... or you could buy my one and tell her how you saved a few hundred and are being more honest through not making up stuff about moving pickups on a flea bass?

:)[/quote]

I like the first option better :rolleyes:

new photos of the streamer.
I was wrong, it's not actually beat up at all, I managed to get the dinks on the bottom, and also tried to show the fret wear.
[url="http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee497/LukeFRC/"]http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee497/LukeFRC/[/url]

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1276909' date='Jun 21 2011, 12:08 PM']Back up to the top and back for speculartive sale.

I just applied to uni for a masters so the money would be nice, or jazz bass plus cash would be nice.[/quote]

I have just bought a Warwick Streamer Jazzman Fretless as I seem to be playing fretless more in my current band. However, if I like the Warwick but decide to go back to fretted, then I have a brand new MIA Fender Jazz in Olympic White with rosewood board. As I say it is brand new, only a few weeks old, never out of the house with hardcase, tags, manual etc if you are interested in some kind of trade. It really depends on how I get on with this Warwick Streamer Fretless but let me know if you are interested so I can keep a note.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1276937' date='Jun 21 2011, 12:29 PM']I have just bought a Warwick Streamer Jazzman Fretless as I seem to be playing fretless more in my current band. However, if I like the Warwick but decide to go back to fretted, then I have a brand new MIA Fender Jazz in Olympic White with rosewood board. As I say it is brand new, only a few weeks old, never out of the house with hardcase, tags, manual etc if you are interested in some kind of trade. It really depends on how I get on with this Warwick Streamer Fretless but let me know if you are interested so I can keep a note.[/quote]
Cheers, I'll keep it in mind. :)

• 2 months later...