Why become a member? ×

New Jamiroquai Track/Album (Nov '10)

skej21

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='946235' date='Sep 5 2010, 03:20 PM']Remember when they had Toby Smith and Stuart Zender and their records were interesting?[/quote]

OOoooooOOOO, "controversial"! :)

You have forgotten to put Derrick McIntyre on that list!!

Edited by skej21

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='946264' date='Sep 5 2010, 03:39 PM']I thought he still played for them? He wasn't as important to their sound anyway.[/quote]

Nah, they have Paul Turner on bass at the moment. He joined in 2005 just after Dynamite (which Derrick played on). Don't Give Hate a Chance is a cracking bass line!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='946294' date='Sep 5 2010, 03:58 PM']Oh yeah I was thinking of their drummer. Too many Derricks![/quote]

Oh yeah, drummer is also a Derrick Mc(Kenzie). It's weird because i'd never even heard of anyone spelling it as "Derrick" and then you get two in the same band... madness.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='946616' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:13 PM']I think, like most artists, Jamiroquai reached their peak years ago.[/quote]

And like most artists past their best, they're making as much out of the horrible big-wig C**TS at the record label as they can before they are forced to stop lol!

Yes but the shame is that he can't even do the stuff that he did before anymore either!!

Where has the funk of EOPE and ROSC albums gone?

Very disappointed as they had said that they would be going back to their roots for this album now that they were free of the corporate chains of Sony.

Also who really wants to watch a video of all of Jay Kay's toys? We all know he has a Ferrari and fking great big house so don't need to be shown it all the time thanks.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='946614' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:11 PM']Good, but nothing new.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='946627' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:26 PM']Also who really wants to watch a video of all of Jay Kay's toys? We all know he has a Ferrari and fking great big house so don't need to be shown it all the time thanks.[/quote]

The video is like that because they only JUST finished the track and haven't produced the official video, so they just set it to montage of stuff that was easy to shoot/photograph.

Yes but I am sure he still sanctioned the use of all those clips?

Anyone else with a slightly smaller ego might just have asked for something else to be used!!! :)

[quote name='skej21' post='946633' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:28 PM']The video is like that because they only JUST finished the track and haven't produced the official video, so they just set it to montage of stuff that was easy to shoot/photograph.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='946641' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:33 PM']Anyone else with a slightly smaller ego might just have asked for something else to be used!!! :)[/quote]

I don't think most of us bass chatters can talk considering our photos/sigs display the expensive gear we all own/long for! :rolleyes:

Ah yes but that is classed as constructive help - how any times have you seen that someone owns something that you are interested in purchasing and you can then ask them what it is like etc.

If we didn't list our gear then no-one would know who owns what.

If Basschater's started putting their cars and houses in their sig's then I would start getting really worried!!

[quote name='skej21' post='946677' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:01 PM']I don't think most of us bass chatters can talk considering our photos/sigs display the expensive gear we all own/long for! :)[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='946685' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:06 PM']Ah yes but that is classed as constructive help - how any times have you seen that someone owns something that you are interested in purchasing and you can then ask them what it is like etc.

If we didn't list our gear then no-one would know who owns what.

If Basschater's started putting their cars and houses in their sig's then I would start getting really worried!![/quote]

True.

Maybe Jamiroquai should start putting gear for sale in their videos. They would definately get a few more BCs interested :)

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='946627' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:26 PM']Yes but the shame is that he can't even do the stuff that he did before anymore either!!

Where has the funk of EOPE and ROSC albums gone?[/quote]

"He" wasn't responsible for that:

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='946235' date='Sep 5 2010, 03:20 PM']Remember when they had Toby Smith and Stuart Zender and their records were interesting?[/quote]