Why become a member? ×

Steinberger Spirit XZ-2 *NOW SOLD*

fender73

Brand New condition, bought by me a day before my wife pursueded me to buy my Kingbass!

Still has the clear plastics the p/ups etc

Official spec is......

Description:

The Spirit XZ-2 is a 4-string bass featuring the same great look and ergonomic design of the Steinberger XQ Series and features the trademark headless neck with the patented Double-Ball ™ tuning system. Other features include the patented double-ball Steinberger bass bridge with direct-pull, 40:1 ratio machine heads, and two (HB - HB) EMG Select™ bass pickups. Like all Steinbergersthe XZ-2 is perhaps the world's most "travel-friendly" bass ever made. It comes complete with a heavy-duty gigbag and, being only 38.75" in length, it can fit in places where other basses can't! Also features a 24 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard and Solid Wood Construction.

Technical Specifications: Number of Strings: 4
Body Material: Swamp Ash
Neck Material: Hard Maple
Neck Joint: Bolt
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 14"
Scale Length: 34"
Frets: 24
Neck Width at Zero Fret: 1.50"
Pickups (passive): Bridge - EMG Select Humbucker
Neck - EMG Select Humbucker
Controls: 1 - Neck Pickup Volume
1 - Bridge Pickup Volume
1 - Master Tone
Bridge: Patented Steinberger Bass Bridge with direct-pull 40:1 fine tuners
Tuning System: Patented, Steinberger Double-Ball System
Additional Strings: - Light
Overall Length: 38.75"
Accessories: Gigbag included

Looking for offers around £180? buyer collects or can post (after Xmas!) for £15

Cheers

Graeme

Edited by fender73

• 2 years later...

[quote name='fender73' post='108012' date='Dec 22 2007, 10:32 AM']Thanks dude....and a BUMPy New Year[/quote]
Got one of these the other day - swapped it for my 5 string Warwick Rockbass corvette - love the weight, set up, feel, low action - but the pick ups are absolutely POOO. Anybody know of a decent replacement for the EMG Selects that come as standard??

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' post='946371' date='Sep 5 2010, 05:13 PM']Got one of these the other day - swapped it for my 5 string Warwick Rockbass corvette - love the weight, set up, feel, low action - but the pick ups are absolutely POOO. Anybody know of a decent replacement for the EMG Selects that come as standard??[/quote]

I've got a Hohner B2A and the stock p-ups on that weren't great so I changed them to ones by Kent Armstrong about 10 years ago - much more like it and have wiring options for single coil/humbucker etc. Don't think they appeared as stock items on their website but might be worth trying to contact them through WD Music UK. www.wdmusic.co.uk

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...