Why become a member? ×

Happyness at last!

Jimelliottbassist

[quote name='Jimelliottbassist' post='939573' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:30 PM']I'm using a Stingray with Labella flat wounds and an Aguilar DB 750 with two GS 112 NT. It's a fairly light wieght rig that has a real punch to it![/quote]

You weren't palying at the Sussex Arms in Tunbridge Wells on Saturday were you?

[quote name='clauster' post='939809' date='Aug 30 2010, 10:13 AM']You weren't palying at the Sussex Arms in Tunbridge Wells on Saturday were you?[/quote]

Even if it wasn't you, someone else has the same setup and it sounds awesome. I've read comments that the GS cabs are a bit mid-shy, but certainly not in your rig.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='939588' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:51 PM']Flats on Rays is GREAT![/quote]

Never tried anything except for ernie balls on my five string. I must say I have always loved the sound.
What is the difference with using flats? Just curious as I am always willing to try out new stuff.
Cheers
Thebassman

[quote name='thebassman' post='940191' date='Aug 30 2010, 06:36 PM']Never tried anything except for ernie balls on my five string. I must say I have always loved the sound.
What is the difference with using flats? Just curious as I am always willing to try out new stuff.
Cheers
Thebassman[/quote]

I'd say a smoother tone, very comfortable on your fingers.

Less bite, more thump!

[quote name='clauster' post='940085' date='Aug 30 2010, 04:54 PM'].................... I've read comments that the GS cabs are a bit mid-shy, but certainly not in your rig.[/quote]

I always laugh at this... the scoop is noticable but they aren't missing. I just think it can make the cab more friendly and less harsh.

You can get great rear pickups sounds out of these, IMV..if that is what you want.