Why become a member? ×

***SOLD Ibanez SR300FM*****SOLD

Spoombung

A fine EMG - upgraded Ibanez SR300FM in great condition for sale.

Original cost was £300, with an additional £300 worth of upgrades (EMG pickups and EQ) -
so it's up for sale at the price I bought it for: [size=4][b][u]£275[/u][/b][/size] which I think is a very fair price.

It's a fine bass with a remarkable buzz-free super-low action and the smoothest frets I've ever seen. The Pick ups and Circuitry were professionally upgraded 5 years ago to EMG according to the original owner.

The active circuit is 18volt EMG's with a P and J. The control gives you total flexibility with:

P & J Blend
Bass Cut/Boost
Treble Cut/Boost
Mid Cut/Boost
Mid Sweep

Ibanez SR300FM 4-String Electric Bass Features:
• SR4 neck
• 3-piece maple neck
• Agathis body
• 24 medium frets
• Rosewood Fingerboard
• B100 bridge
• IBZ DXP neck pickup (now EMG)
• IBZ DXJ bridge pickup (now EMG)
• Pearl dot inlay
• EQB-IIC 2-band EQ (now EMG circuitry)

I'm in Greenwich, south London if you want to come around and try it out.

Kev

Edited by Spoombung

Wow, that's a great price! Used to have a soundgear and it was very light and comfortable to play. Mine had the more traditional P pickup configuration. I imagine being that way around, the E and A strings sound not quite as deep/round/whatever but tighter?

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='946069' date='Sep 5 2010, 12:22 PM']This is right lush. If I were still in the market for a 4 string bass, it would definitely be Ibanez and I would upgrade the pickups and electronics to what this bass already has. I can't believe nobody has bought it yet. Bump for a fantastic bass![/quote]

Yes, I can't quite believe it's still here either! :) Thanks for the bump.

Another Pic:

Hey, Spoombung, nothing to do with your for sale thread, I'm afraid, but I've just realised you're one of my favourite bass players! Ever since I heard 'Hoist the Levant' on some NME or Melody Maker freebie some years ago. I've coincidentally nominated you as an 'unsung bass hero' on a thread on a hi fi forum I subscribe to - so there! So glad you're still kicking around and active, as 'twere.

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='956632' date='Sep 14 2010, 10:12 PM']Hey, Spoombung, nothing to do with your for sale thread, I'm afraid, but I've just realised you're one of my favourite bass players! Ever since I heard 'Hoist the Levant' on some NME or Melody Maker freebie some years ago. I've coincidentally nominated you as an 'unsung bass hero' on a thread on a hi fi forum I subscribe to - so there! So glad you're still kicking around and active, as 'twere.[/quote]

Very Kind of you... :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is my old bass and it's lovely.. just a bit more info on it.. The upgrades were professionally done by Machinehead music in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.. The guys up there know their stuff..

If I had the funds, I'd buy it back.. Damn you tax returns :-(

This is a steal..

Also Just to add.. the volume control on the bass is independent on each pickup, so you can actually have full power on both pick ups

Edited by algmusic