Why become a member? ×

Italia Modulo: nice sound, scary looks

lanark

I was trying out basses in Bulmer's in York and on sale was an Italia Modulo: four lipstick pickups, the entire back appears to be screwed on, it has a silver beading all round the edge and the black vinyl covering appears to have an alligator-skin relief effect.

trouble was, it sounded okay, but I doubt I could ever get used to playing something that looks quite so odd.

Anyone have one and give some feedback on what they're like to play?

Oh I love the look of them.. just so rude!! Faux crocodile skin and the excess use of "mother of toilet seat" just adds to the delight. Seriously I think they look great.. got a little bit of sleazy glam!!

I did pick one up in a store a few years back it it did strike me as being heavy but I liked the feel of it, unfortuneatly I couldn't plug it in to hear it.

I'd say if the price is good.. grab it.. if not, share the details :)

I have a gold sparkle one,the hardware is all Wilkinson gear,it plays great,nice Jazz size neck,and sounded good as standard.One of the 4 pickups on mine died,i eventually ( it took a while ) got to speak to Trevor Wilkinson,and he said that if i sent it to him,he would check it out and replace the pickup F.O C.The customer service,once i found out who the new importer was,was good.But i was too impatient,and am busy fitting Wilkinson Soapbar & Precision pickups to it,for no other reason than i fancy doing it.