Why become a member? ×

FS: Wood&Tronics Alvistar signature 5-string bass

margusalviste

As I am going to order a new one with slightly different options I would like to sell my Wood&Tronics Alvistar 5-string bass. It's a custom made instrument made exactly by my specs and named after my name (Alviste - Alvistar).
Here's the specs:

Neck - 3 piece Flame Maple (neck-through)
Fingerboard - Macassar Ebony (a very nice one)
Position markers - Abalone
Nut - Brass
Tuners - Golden Fender style Gotoh Ultralites
Frets - Narrow
Body - Maple neck-through center block
Body Wings - Swamp Ash
Body Finish - Sonic Blue Nitro (the first solid color finish ever made by W&T)
Pickguard - Vintage Pearl
Bridge - Golden Hipshot A-style
Pickups - custom made by Christoph Dolf of Bassculture (the guy makes pickups for Mr. Stanley Clarke)
Preamp - ACG custom with two low pass filters and one filter for highs (works basically like Wal's preamp)
Strap Locks - Golden Schaller
Magnetic cavity cover

The bass is completely new, never got out from my house. As we worked on my signature model for almost a year I tested several options on this bass and came to the conclusion to swap the pickups and pre to Bartolini and John East. The bass goes back to Enrico Pasini (W&T) who will make the changes. After that the bass is ready to go to the new owner. BTW, you have a possibility to pick your own pickups and pre before the mods have been done. These changes might affect the price though.

This bass costs almost 3000 GBP. Now for sale for 1500 GBP plus shipping.
You can get more information on W&T basses from [url="http://www.wtbasses.net"]http://www.wtbasses.net[/url] and [url="http://www.bassdirect.co.uk"]http://www.bassdirect.co.uk[/url].

Feel free to ask more - [email protected].

Edited by margusalviste

[quote name='rodney72a' post='938552' date='Aug 28 2010, 02:21 AM']34" or 35"? Weight?[/quote]

It's 34". String spacing at bridge is 19". The pickups are exactly at the 70's jazz position. Unfortunately I don't know the exact weight but it's not the lightest bass. Well, obviosly not as heavy as some 70s Fenders. :)
It comes with a nicest Wood&Tronics gigbag.

Edited by margusalviste

If that was natural I'd be all over it !
I'm seriously considering selling my Fodera so I can buy a W & T and probably have some cash left over. They are blowing my mind ! Wish I could demo a few of them.
Would love a Chronos and a custom four of some kind.

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='939602' date='Aug 29 2010, 11:12 PM']If that was natural I'd be all over it !
I'm seriously considering selling my Fodera so I can buy a W & T and probably have some cash left over. They are blowing my mind ! Wish I could demo a few of them.
Would love a Chronos and a custom four of some kind.[/quote]

Chronos is a wonderful instrument! I own one too. Played it against every possible high end bass (included very expensive Foderas) and still found it to be the best among them!

Beautiful bass Margus.

Oh and if anyone's worried about dealing with a guy in Estonia, they needn't be. Margus is a great player and engineer and really knows his instruments. I bought my MTD from him a while back and it arrived brilliantly packed and in perfect condition.

Good luck with the sale

[quote name='chrkelly' post='939933' date='Aug 30 2010, 03:00 PM']Beautiful bass Margus.

Oh and if anyone's worried about dealing with a guy in Estonia, they needn't be. Margus is a great player and engineer and really knows his instruments. I bought my MTD from him a while back and it arrived brilliantly packed and in perfect condition.

Good luck with the sale[/quote]

Thanks a lot! :) Hope this MTD has served you well?!

Have one bump from me aswell!:)
These are just killer basses conistancy with W&T is amazing and I tried about 4 different W&T basses all of them all where absolutely amzing all the way!
Basically you cant go wrong with these....
By the way this is my W&T

[quote name='Brams77' post='950025' date='Sep 9 2010, 12:35 AM']Have one bump from me aswell!:rolleyes:
These are just killer basses conistancy with W&T is amazing and I tried about 4 different W&T basses all of them all where absolutely amzing all the way!
Basically you cant go wrong with these....
By the way this is my W&T[/quote]

Wow! Nice bass! :)