Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Combos + Cabs

WHUFC BASS

Does anyone know if Trace Elliot do an extension cab for their combos ? I'm looking for a 4x10 with a depth of 32cm (which appears to be the depth of my 1215V Combo 2x10 combo. The standard cabs are a lot deeper than the width of their combos (mine anyway) and I'm struggling to find a match. Any ideas?
Cheers

All the (older) Trace cabinets were about 3 inches shallower than their combo equivalents. To keep the weight down, I should imagine!
My old 1110 was heavy enough as it was [u]without[/u] the extra cabinet weight!

In any case, assuming the driver/s remain the same and the ports are retuned, you should get either more bottom end or better efficiency from a larger cab, neither of which are bad.

I cut my H122SMX into a head and (shallow) cab. Initially so it'd fit into the poxy boot in my Fiat Punto, but then realised it gives me much more flexibility in terms of cabinet choice. If your extension cab is too much of a pain, put some castors on the side and then you can strap the combo to it and go walkabout.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='933350' date='Aug 23 2010, 09:13 AM']Does anyone know if Trace Elliot do an extension cab for their combos ? I'm looking for a 4x10 with a depth of 32cm (which appears to be the depth of my 1215V Combo 2x10 combo. The standard cabs are a lot deeper than the width of their combos (mine anyway) and I'm struggling to find a match. Any ideas?
Cheers[/quote]

Hi mate

I have a shallow 4x10 TE cab I may be shifting soon. It was bastardised from a 4x10 combo. I currently sit it on a shallow 1x15 cabinet. I will dig out a tape measure later and see if its 32cm and get back to you. Cab is fair nick and sounds the nuts.

Its here: