Why become a member? ×

Orange AD200 and Matamp 2x12

umcoo

So there I am, rocking away at practice with an AD200B and the Matamp 2x12. The head is moving around the top of the cab a few inches and I pull it back everytime it gets too close to the edge.

Mid-song and it stops making any noise...not a whistle. Everything still turned on, lights on, valves glowing as they should. No flashes, no smoke, no funny smells.

Changed leads, bass is passive and worked through different amps.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking the vibrations maybe loosened something? Good job it was the last song of the practice!

Thanks for any help you guys can offer

Edited by umcoo

[quote name='umcoo' post='930780' date='Aug 20 2010, 12:01 PM']So there I am, rocking away at practice with an AD200B and the Matamp 2x12. The head is moving around the top of the cab a few inches and I pull it back everytime it gets too close to the edge.

Mid-song and it stops making any noise...not a whistle. Everything still turned on, lights on, valves glowing as they should. No flashes, no smoke, no funny smells.

Changed leads, bass is passive and worked through different amps.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking the vibrations maybe loosened something? Good job it was the last song of the practice!

Thanks for any help you guys can offer[/quote]

Jees, it vibrates an AD200b?! How loud are you practicing?!

Hmm, not sure. Tried another cab?

Don't have another cab to try I'm afraid. Would a 2x12 just stop working all of a sudden? If I blew a speaker, wouldn't one go first...not both at the same time?

Wasn't incredibly loud at practice...gain on noon and master on about 9-10 oclock. Used a Big Muff too and that's what was making the vibration happen. I thought the battery had gone in the muff at first so just went bass to amp, but still nothing.

I'm rather puzzled!

if the speakers are wired in series then one going would cause both of them to cut out.... but you would probably notice a speaker blowing, also if that happened it would present no load to the amp so could quite possibly make the amp go pop, so doubt its a cab problem.

• 5 weeks later...