Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New SoundGarden Album!

pantherairsoft

New SoundGarden Album, Telephantasm, due out Sept 28th. Awesome news!

Listen to the new single (Black Rain) here - [url="http://www.soundgardenworld.com/news/2010-08-17/listen-black-rain-and-pre-order-telephantasm?utm_source=Soundgarden+Email+List&utm_campaign=c98ddce772-Telephantasm8_17_2010&utm_medium=email"]http://www.soundgardenworld.com/news/2010-...tm_medium=email[/url]

Its a redone version of a song that never made it onto BadMotorFinger… and my god you can tell! It's awesome!

Excited.

Shep

Nice to see Chris Cornell back where he belongs and not in that other nonsense band, or releasing weak solo material. I don't think i'll approach Soundgarden with the same big enthusiasm i had for them and their albums at the time, but this will probably be a better offering than the majority of today's mainstream rock bands.

[quote name='Tee' post='929749' date='Aug 19 2010, 01:20 PM']Nice to see Chris Cornell back where he belongs and not in that other nonsense band, or releasing weak solo material.[/quote]

I thought audioslave were good! Most people seem to hate them. I must say i do think superunknown was a great album, don't know if anything they've released subsequently was quite as good though.

Does this mean Matt Cameron has left Pearl Jam or he now has his fingers in two pies? Dave Abbruzzese era PJ was the sh*t. I stopped listening to their subsequent releases after he left. The music got a bit boring imo.

It's original line up.. But from what I can tell is that it's more of a best of album, with a few new tracks on it, much like Skunk Anansie did with Smashes & Trashes... I guess as a prelude to a full new album.

I suppose that means they are all still doing other things and their main bands but have SoundGarden looming in the background.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='930074' date='Aug 19 2010, 05:26 PM']It's original line up.. But from what I can tell is that it's more of a best of album, with a few new tracks on it, much like Skunk Anansie did with Smashes & Trashes... I guess as a prelude to a full new album.

I suppose that means they are all still doing other things and their main bands but have SoundGarden looming in the background.[/quote]

Not the original line up as Ben Shepherd is on bass. Band got great live reviews from the Lollapalloza show, hopefully they'll be heading this way for some live dates. Soundgarden/Faith No More double header anybody?

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='929778' date='Aug 19 2010, 01:36 PM']I thought audioslave were good! Most people seem to hate them. I must say i do think superunknown was a great album, don't know if anything they've released subsequently was quite as good though.[/quote]
I'd reccomend getting into their earlier stuff!
We used to call Audioslave Rage against the garden. Far more memorable.
I quite liked that cochise song but thought the rest of the first album was a bit weak. never heard their other stuff, I just prefer soundgarden and rage as separate entities.